By dlnprasad on Dec 03, 2009
Solaris Cluster is a multi-system, multi-site high availability and disaster recovery solution that manages the availability of applications services and data across local, regional and geographically dispersed data centers. The Solaris Cluster environment extends the Solaris Operating System into a cluster operating system.
If you are following the Solaris Cluster product and features, you would have noticed extreme innovation by Sun in the high availability and disaster recovery space since the time we released our first HA product many years ago. For well over a decade, Solaris Cluster has been a market leader for providing business continuity and disaster recovery solutions to all mission critical business applications, spanning all the major industry segments.
Continuing with our tradition of innovation, we are pleased to announce another release - "Solaris Cluster 3.2 11/09" - an update to the Solaris Cluster 3.2 product.
This new release brings more features for high availability, virtualization, disaster recovery, flexibility, diagnosibility, and ease of use. We are extending support for virtualization with more options for Solaris Containers Clusters (zone clusters), failover Solaris Containers, and LDoms. This release provides more file system and volume management choices. We have added new replication solutions for disaster recovery deployments, in addition to improving scalable services support. This release also brings support for the latest versions of many third-party software applications.
The following is a list of some of the new features in this update release:
- New deployment options for Oracle DB, RAC, and applications
- Solaris Containers cluster support for more Oracle solutions:
- Oracle E-Business Suite
- Siebel CRM 8
- Single-instance Oracle database
- Support for Oracle Automated Storage Management (ASM) with single-instance Oracle database
- Support of Reliable Data Sockets over Infiniband for RAC
- Standalone QFS 4.6 & later in failover Solaris Containers
- Upgrade on attach for failover Solaris Containers
- Solaris Volume Manager three-mediator support in Campus Cluster deployments
- Hitachi Universal Replicator support in Campus Cluster deployments
- Support for 1TB disks as a quorum devices
- Outgoing connection support for scalable services
- IPsec support for Scalable Services traffic
- SCTP support for Scalable services
- Managed failover of IPsec session & key information
- Round-robin load balancing
- Hitachi Universal Replicator support
- Script-based plugin replication module
- MySQL replication
- New agent: HA Agent for LDoms guest domains
- New supported application version: SWIFTAlliance Access & Gateway 6.3
This feature-rich and high-quality product can be downloaded from here. Download and try this latest Solaris Cluster release. We look forward to your comments.
Solaris Cluster Engineering