By Oracle Retail Documentation Team on Jul 09, 2012
The 13.3 Release of Oracle Retail Analytics is now available on the Oracle Software Delivery Cloud and from My Oracle Support.
The Oracle Retail Analytics 13.3 release introduced significant new functionality with its new Customer Analytics module. The Customer Analytics module enables you to perform retail analysis of customers and customer segments.
Market basket analysis (part of the Customer Analytics module) provides insight into which products have strong affinity with one another. Customer behavior information is obtained from mining sales transaction history, and it is correlated with customer segment attributes to inform promotion strategies. The ability to understand market basket affinities allows marketers to calculate, monitor, and build promotion strategies based on critical metrics such as customer profitability.
Highlighted End User Documentation Updates
With the addition of Oracle Retail Customer Analytics, the documentation set addresses both modules under the single umbrella name of Oracle Retail Analytics. Note, however, that the modules, Oracle Retail Merchandising Analytics and Oracle Retail Customer Analytics, are licensed separately.
To accommodate new functionality, the Retail Analytics suite of documentation has been updated in the following areas, among others:
- The User Guide has been updated with an overview of Customer Analytics. It also contains a list of metrics associated with Customer Analytics.
- The Operations Guide provides details on Market Basket Analysis as well as an updated list of APIs. The program reference list now also details the module (Merchandising Analytics or Customer Analytics) to which each program applies.
- The Data Model was updated to include new information related to Customer Analytics, and a new section, Market Basket Analysis Module, was added to the document with its own entity relationship diagrams and data definitions.
List of Documents
The following documents are included in Oracle Retail Analytics 13.3:
- Oracle Retail Analytics Release Notes
- Oracle Retail Analytics Installation Guide
- Oracle Retail Analytics User Guide
- Oracle Retail Analytics Implementation Guide
- Oracle Retail Analytics Operations Guide
- Oracle Retail Analytics Data Model