Navigating to Release Readiness Transfer of Information (TOI) Recordings
By Oracle Retail Documentation Team-Oracle on Aug 15, 2012
TOI recordings about new features in Oracle Retail applications are available to Oracle-supported customers for the 13.x enterprise releases. Oracle Retail has released over 100 of these TOIs since Oracle Retail began producing them.
These online courses provide release-specific product knowledge that enables your functional and technical teams to plan, implement and/or upgrade and support Oracle Retail applications effectively and efficiently. TOI training is delivered via Oracle University. Note that you may be prompted to log in to Oracle University the first time you view the recorded training.
Oracle Retail application TOIs are divided into two categories: Functional and Technical. Examples include:
- Oracle Retail Merchandising System (RMS) Functional Overview
- Oracle Retail Predictive Application Server (RPAS) Platform Technical Overview
- Oracle Retail Warehouse Management System (RWMS) Technical Overview
- Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management (SIM) Functional Overview
In addition to product TOIs, some TOIs address special topics and deep dives into specific functional, integration or technical changes. Examples include the following:
- Retail Translation and Internationalization Technical Overview
- Oracle Retail Merchandise Operations Management - Upgrades Functional Overview
- Oracle Retail Merchandising System (RMS) Wholesale Franchise Technical Overview
- Oracle Retail MOM, SIM & RTG Implementation Technical Overview
- Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management (SIM) - Usability Improvements Functional Overview
In addition to product TOIs, self-paced training is also available that addresses significant Documentation changes in releases 13.0, 13.0.1, and 13.2. Topics include enterprise updates to Documentation technology (such as Oracle Retail's transition to Oracle Help for the Web) as well as updates to solution unit technical documentation (new Implementation Guides, for example) and updates to solution unit functional documentation (new User Guides, for example).
Navigational Steps to Oracle Retail TOIs
To access the TOIs, follow these steps:
- Log into My Oracle Support at https://support.oracle.com and access the following:
Doc ID 732026.1, Get Proactive - Oracle Applications TOI (Transfer of Information) Online Training
- Click the drop-down and select Oracle Retail on the Release Readiness Transfer Information TOI Recordings page
- Select the Solution area of interest on the Browse Subcategories Retail page (for example, Merchandising Operations Management, Stores, and so on).
- Click the link for the applicable application TOI. There may be more than one page of TOI recordings. Click the Next button to see the additional TOIs that are available.