By Oracle Retail Documentation Team on Dec 13, 2013
The 14.0 release of the Oracle Retail application enterprise includes the most documentation published in the history of Oracle Retail. Over 200 documents have been published, and more documents than ever have been either considerably revised or developed from scratch to reflect the enterprise applications newest code base. In the upcoming weeks, this blog will address the various aspects of each solution unit's documentation sets. Some of the highlights include:
- Commerce Anywhere updates within the documentation sets of Oracle Retail Merchandising System (RMS), Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management (SIM), the POS Suite, Oracle Retail Warehouse Management System (RWMS), and Oracle Retail Advanced Inventory Planning (AIP).
- Two key My Oracle Support libraries addressing Commerce Anywhere from a Functional perspective and a Technical perspective, the latter developed using the authoring tools and best practices of the Retail Reference Architecture.
- New documentation sets for applications within the Oracle Retail Advanced Science Engine (ORASE) suite of products.
- A new documentation set for the Oracle Retail Service Backbone.
- An expanded Enterprise Integration Guide.
- An enhanced RWMS documentation set reflecting new functionality for both Task Management and Activity Editor.
- Security Guides published for each solution unit.
- RPAS and application documentation to reflect the new RPAS Extension Framework
- Deep new and updated Merchandising Functional White Papers in areas such as Franchise, Catch Weight, Deals, and so on.
- A new Developer's Guide technical paper and new Data Model for the RMS Data Access Schema.
- A revised and enhanced RMS Operations Guide.
- Oracle Retail Analytics documentation updates to reflect its 25 new Dashboards spanning Commerce Anywhere, Consumer, Clustering and Wholesale / Franchise.