By Oracle Retail Documentation Team-Oracle on Sep 14, 2012
Oracle Retail Mobile Point-of-Service was previously released as a standalone product. Oracle Retail Mobile Point-of-Service is now a supported extension of Oracle Retail Point-of-Service, Release 13.4.1. Oracle Retail Mobile Point-of-Service provides support for using a mobile device to perform tasks such as scanning items, applying price adjustments, tendering, and looking up item information.
Integration with Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management (SIM)
If Oracle Retail Mobile Point-of-Service is implemented with Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management (SIM), the following Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management functionality is supported:
- Inventory lookup at the current store
- Inventory lookup at buddy stores
- Validation of serial numbers
The Oracle Retail Mobile Point-of-Service server application runs in a domain on Oracle WebLogic. The server supports the mobile devices in the store. On each mobile device, the Mobile POS application is downloaded and then installed.
Highlighted End User Documentation Updates and List of Documents
- Oracle Retail Point-of-Service with Mobile Point-of-Service Release Notes
A high-level overview is included about the release's functional, technical, and documentation enhancements. In addition, a section has been written that addresses Product Support considerations.
- Oracle Retail Mobile Point-of-Service Java API Reference
Java API documentation for Oracle Retail Mobile Point-of-Service is included as part of the Oracle Retail Mobile Point-of-Service Release 13.4.1 documentation set.
- Oracle Retail Point-of-Service with Mobile Point-of-Service Installation Guide - Volume 1, Oracle Stack
A new chapter is included with information on installing the Mobile Point-of-Service server and setting up the Mobile POS application. The installer screens for installing the server are included in a new appendix.
- Oracle Retail Point-of-Service with Mobile Point-of-Service User Guide
A new chapter describes the functionality available on a mobile device and how to use Oracle Retail Mobile Point-of-Service on a mobile device.
- Oracle Retail POS Suite with Mobile Point-of-Service Configuration Guide
The Configuration Guide is updated to indicate which parameters are used for Oracle Retail Mobile Point-of-Service.
- Oracle Retail POS Suite with Mobile Point-of-Service Implementation Guide - Volume 5, Mobile Point-of-Service
This new Implementation Guide volume contains information for extending and customizing both the Mobile POS application for the mobile device and the Oracle Retail Mobile Point-of-Service server.
- Oracle Retail POS Suite with Mobile Point-of-Service Licensing Information
The Licensing Information document is updated with the list of third-party open-source software used by Oracle Retail Mobile Point-of-Service.
- Oracle Retail POS Suite with Mobile Point-of-Service Security Guide
The Security Guide is updated with information on security for mobile devices.
- Oracle Retail Enhancements Summary (My Oracle Support Doc ID 1088183.1)
This enterprise level document captures the major changes for all the products that are part of releases 13.2, 13.3, and 13.4. The functional, integration, and technical enhancements in the Release Notes for each product are listed in this document.