Why choose Oracle for Advanced Analytics?
By Mark Hornick-Oracle on Mar 27, 2014
If you're an enterprise company, chances are you have your data in an Oracle database. You chose Oracle for it's global reputation at providing the best software products (and now engineered systems) to support your organization. Oracle database is known for stellar performance and scalability, and Oracle delivers world class support.
If your data is already in Oracle Database or moving in that direction, leverage the high performance computing environment of the database to analyze your data. Traditionally it was common practice to move data to separate analytic servers for the explicit purpose of model building. This is no longer necessary nor is it scalable as your organization seeks to deliver value from Big Data. Oracle database now has several state of the art algorithms that execute in a parallel and distributed architecture directly in-database and augmented by custom algorithms in the R statistical programming language. Leveraging Oracle database for Advanced Analytics has benefits including:
- Eliminates data movement to analytic servers
- Enables analysis of all data not just samples
- Puts your database infrastructure to even greater use
- Eliminates impedance mismatch in the form of model translation when operationalizing models
- All aspects of modeling and deployment are optionally available via SQL making integration into other IT software
- Leverage CRAN algorithms directly in the database
Customers such as Stubhub, dunnhumby, CERN OpenLab, Financiera Uno, Turkcell, and others leverage Oracle Advanced Analytics to scale their applications, simplify their analytics architecture, and reduce time to market of predictive models from weeks to hours or even minutes.
Oracle leverages its own advanced analytics products, for example, by using Oracle Advanced Analytics in a wide range of Oracle Applications and internal deployments, ranging from:
- Human Capital Management with Predictive Workforce to produce employee turnover, performance prediction, and "what if" analysis
- Customer Relationship Management with Sales Prediction Engine to predict sales opportunities, what to sell, how much, and when
- Supply Chain Management with Spend Classification to flag non-compliance or anomalies in expense submissions
- Retail Analytics with Oracle Retail Customer Analytics to perform shopping cart analysis and next best offers
- Oracle Financial Services Analytic Applications to enable quantitative analysts in credit risk management divisions to author rules/models directly in R
Oracle wants you to be successful with advanced analytics. Working closely with customers to integrate Oracle Advanced Analytics as an integral process of their analytics strategy, customers are able to put their advanced analytics into production much faster.