LoadBalancer administration for GlassFish
By bloggerprashanth on May 02, 2007
With the experience of working on Load balancer administration of glassfish, I can say the glassfish has Best in Class Load balancer administration. Reasons being
- Enhanced GUI capability and CLI commands to administer the LB configuration (Easy to use with a single command and single GUI page).
- Configuration changes can be pushed from DAS (Glassfish's Domain Administration Server) to Load Balancer automatically (pushed when events like deploy/undeploy/create/ delete-instance etc., occur). This can be achieved by setting up a SSL connection between DAS and load balancer. This will avoid the manual copying of loadbalancer.xml to the WebServer location.
- The monitoring data about load balancer can also be obtained,
once SSL is setup (Currently we support this with AMX interface, the
next release will have CLI and Admin Console support). More about this
- Support for Rolling Upgrade.
- Enhanced the LB configuration on glassfish to support LB policy (round robin, weighted and user defined) and configuration of weights for the glassfish Instances.