Blog About GlassFish for a Chance to Win a 52-Inch LCD HD TV
By bloggerprashanth on May 02, 2007
With the experience of working on Load balancer administration of glassfish, I can say the glassfish has Best in Class Load balancer administration. Reasons being
- Enhanced GUI capability and CLI commands to administer the LB configuration (Easy to use with a single command and single GUI page).
- Configuration changes can be pushed from DAS (Glassfish's Domain Administration Server) to Load Balancer automatically (pushed when events like deploy/undeploy/create/ delete-instance etc., occur). This can be achieved by setting up a SSL connection between DAS and load balancer. This will avoid the manual copying of loadbalancer.xml to the WebServer location.
- The monitoring data about load balancer can also be obtained,
once SSL is setup (Currently we support this with AMX interface, the
next release will have CLI and Admin Console support). More about this
- Support for Rolling Upgrade.
- Enhanced the LB configuration on glassfish to support LB policy (round robin, weighted and user defined) and configuration of weights for the glassfish Instances.
Try these new technologies and blog about your experience using GlassFish in production deployment. We would like to know how GlassFish's reliability, performance, manageability, ease of use, and new features address your needs. You may also suggest new feature enhancements for the upcoming GlassFish V3 release. Please remember to mention the download location of GlassFish in your blog. I strongly encourage you to participate in this contest. The contest is also open to outside the US, please see the contest rules.
Its very EASY to participate.