Follow the Sun
By Philippe Julio on Jun 01, 2008
The best architecture for sales management of an multinational compagny. The system performance must be on top for user activity and data Integration. User activity and data integration are in day and night alternation for every time zone across the world. The system must follow the sun and be synchronized with users activity. Nevertheless the data integration activity being done the night, a reserve of power must be allocated at every time zone to guarantee the system availability and performance. It is thus necessary to design a dynamic system according to the days and nights alternation.
This solution is based on SAP BI Software and Solaris Containers.
- Solaris 10 and Solaris Resource Manager
- Resources guaranteed for any Time Zone
- One Local Zone/Time Zone per AS Instances
- Resources consolidation
- Global Zone for DB/CI Instances
- User activity the Day & Data Integration the Night
- Resources in Day & Night Alternation
- Dynamic integration for new country