By Philippe Julio on Jan 17, 2008
Intelligence drives Business and IT Performance
In today’s highly competitive business climate, making better decisions faster
can mean the difference between surviving and thriving. The challenges are
managing the exponential growth of data in a cost-effective and secure manner,
while transforming relevant data into information for decision support needs. Sun takes the cost and complexity out of today’s business intelligence and data warehouse requirements with a single open platform whose architecture can scale to meet your entire needs from deployment today to meeting your growth needs tomorrow. The results are faster access to information, the ability to make better decisions quickly and speed up time to market.
has more 2000 customers
references in business
intelligence and data warehousing in the world
on all industries (bank/finance,
retail, government, telco...)
Sun Microsystems developed a network competenties and expert in Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing around the world and working with its partners : SAS, Oracle, Informatica, SAP, etc.
The Sun Microsystems Business Intelligence Solutions integrate specific services around Extraction, Transformation and Loading, Database, Reporting, OnLine Analytical Processing, Technical architectures, Proof-of-Concept and Benchmarks.
See performance results DMreview, Wintercorp, TPC
qualification of the Business Intelligence technical architecture
is declined according three assumptions :
- Data storage volume : for disk sizing. technical architecture support the data volume. The useful volume is the raw volume for operational systems with index, agregats, metadata and data work for database system.
- Extract, transform and load : for extraction, transformation and data loading. The technical architecture support for ETL process is based on the data flow volume and data processing.
- Users volume : for sizing users activities (Reporting, OnLine Analytical Processing). The technical architecture support for reporting process is based on concurrent users number on Data Warehouse and Data Marts.
- Architecture based on projects experiences, benchmarks (SAPS, TPC-H) and references architectures
- Architecture has been making for change and functional evolutions
- Sun is technical partner with SAP and Oracle
- N1 Advanced Architecture for SAP
- Oracle RAC and SAP Netweaver optimized on Sun Platform
- SAP Skill Center at Walldorf in Germany
- Sun VIP Support for SAP and Oracle