By Philippe Julio on Jan 26, 2008
Business drivers are the people, information, and tasks that support the fulfillment of a business objective.
They lead the company trying to get it away from pitfalls and turn unforeseen mistakes into good lessons for future success and sustainability. A business needs to be constantly driven and updated to be at par with its competitors and to be in sync with the latest trends in business technology which change sometimes very unexpectedly. The business drivers that I propose to you is only for information, not suffisant for specific business. It is only the business trends for industries. Business drivers are in strategy center, objectives and processes according the market company.
Business Drivers by Industry
- Manufacturing : Resources Consolidation - Manufacturer/Supplier collaboration - Reengineering sales – Re engineering distribution - Intensified focus on customer - Costs Reduction - Eco Responsibility
- Telecommunications : Convergence audio/video, fixed/mobile – Internationalization – Outsourcing - Customize Services - Costs Reduction
- Banking Finance : Increase banking and financial transaction - Critical size on the market - International development - Banking and financial regulations observance - Inheritance optimization and mangement - Activities diversification - Increase risks management - Costs Reduction
- Government : Provide direct information access - Citizen services enhancements - Public security - Provide timely access to decision support information - Accomplish more work with fewer resources - Recognize and adapt to frequent business process changes - Eco responsibility
- Retail : Need to manage profitability and control expenses - Increased competition from traditional and new providers - Need to mitigate current and emerging risk - Increased regulatory pressures - Industry consolidation – Consumers adoption of electronic channels and payments - Consumers concerns about security and privacy - ECO responsibility : Reduce wastes, Biological foods...
- Media & Entertainment :: Emerging media environments – Evolving consumer behaviors - On-going technological innovation - Increasing scarcity of consumer attention – Costs Reduction - ECO responsibility
- Healthcare : Accelerating Employers-Led Initiatives - Consumerism Entering Healthcare - Accelerating IT Adoption Among Providers - New Consumers-centric Technologies - Disintermediation of Care - Patient Security - Costs Reduction - ECO Responsibility
- Education & Research : Enable Anytime, Anywhere Access - Create Intelligent Buildings - Protect School Records and Information - Protect Safety Incidents on School Campus - Creating a New Form of Collaborative Education - Expanding the Boundaries of Knowledge - Costs Reduction - ECO Responsibility
- Transportation & Travel : Social Responsibility - Technology, exposure to other cultures - Collecting and Sharing experiences - Consolidation for buying power - Business Travel online Adoption - Increase Safety - Green Initiatives - Costs Reduction
- Energy : Increase refining capacity in traditional petroleum - Grid Connected Power improvement - Investments in the renewable energy sector - Energy education - Carbon emissions reduction - Power consumption reduction - Energy cost reduction - Security power plan