By Kerrie Foy on Aug 13, 2013
Oracle Unveils Oracle Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) Mobile for Agile
We're pleased to feature a blog entry by guest author John Kelley, vice president of product value chain strategy, Oracle
There’s no doubt that the workforce is becoming more mobile with every passing day. And while the mobile workforce offers organizations many benefits, it can pose a challenge to effectively managing complex product lifecycle processes.
To address this challenge and enhance decision making and productivity across the entire lifecycle of a product, Oracle today announced Oracle’s Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) Mobile for Agile. Part of Oracle’s Agile Product Lifecycle Management, the new mobile application enables users to quickly, easily and securely access PLM data from any location on their iPad and turn it into valuable and actionable insights. Or in other words, say goodbye to approval bottlenecks!
Built on Oracle Application Development Framework (ADF) Mobile, the new Oracle PLM Mobile for Agile application supports strategic and operational decision making and also enables partners to quickly and easily develop and expand applications and processes for Agile PLM customers. With access to comprehensive features and capabilities, users can securely review, respond and react to a broad range of Agile PLM Product Management Workflows. This includes default and configured:
- PLM change orders and change requests from a range of sources including engineering, manufacturing, packaging and document.
- PLM quality issue workflows including customer complaints, field requests and problem reports.
- PLM quality management workflows including corrective action and preventative action (CAPA) processes.
- PLM supplier quality workflows including Supplier Corrective Action Requests (SCAR) and Non-Conformance Reports (NCR).
In addition, Oracle Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) Mobile for Agile enables users to initiate, execute and manage report quality issues and process flows by providing the mobile capabilities needed to:
- Input audit findings and issues on-site, with dynamic links to product quality information and status.
- Take advantage of cameras within mobile devices to record dynamic views of any findings as supporting evidence.
- Initiate related NCR, problem reports, SCAR, and corrective action requests (CAR), during the audit process.
Last but not least, the new release also supports organizations with outsourced manufacturing and process suppliers by enabling them to conduct on-site supplier audits with access to the product record as needed to manage the process, hasten finding resolution and approve certification.
The combination of all the new capabilities makes it easier than ever to securely access and manage PLM data at any time or from any location. To see how Oracle’s Agile Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) Mobile can help your organization, please watch the demo video.