Customizing Product Compliance processes using Events
By shankar.muthan on Aug 03, 2009
Customers have asked us ways to customize some of the existing behavior in PGC to suit their business needs and this post is similar to the other blog Customizing Product Costing processes using Events. Events in 9.3 offer the ability to customize some of the existing actions to achieve customer specific results. Here are few of those questions that customers have asked before and a suggestion for each of them about which event could be used:
1. When creating a Declaration, how do I automatically add a particular Specification to that Declaration.
- A PX could be written that gets triggered on the "create" event on the Declaration. The PX could have the business logic about what Specification should be added to the Declaration. For instance, if you want a always add a Spec called "RoHS-EU" to all IPC-2 type Declarations, then the custom logic can be incorporated in the PX.
2. After the scheduled rollup is completed, how do I automatically generate a report or a notification based on the results of the rollup?
- Use the event on "Compliance Calculation" action. The PX that is tied to the event could generate a report or notification based on the results.
3. After doing a save-as on a Part, how do I carry over compliance only if certain conditions are met?
- Use the event on the Part's "save as" action. The PX that is tied to the event could have the business logic about when the compliance should be carried over to the new part and when it should not be carried over.
For more information on using Events in PLM, refer to Getting started with Events for Automation in Agile PLM 9.3 and for using events in PPM, refer to PPM Automation using Events.