Customizing Product Costing processes using Events
By shankar.muthan on Jul 07, 2009
Customers have asked us ways to customize some of the existing behavior in PCM to suit their business needs. Events in 9.3 offer the ability to customize some of the existing actions to achieve customer specific results. Here are few of those questions that customers have asked before and a suggestion about which event could be used:
1. How do I define when to carry over the prices of Items (custom parts) and when not to carry over, during the creation of a Change (ECO/MCO)?
- A PX could be written that gets triggered on the "create" event on the Change. The PX could have the business logic about when to carry over the prices and when not to carry over.
2. How do I automatically "open" a Sourcing Project right after it is created?
- Use the event on Sourcing Project's "create" action. The PX that is tied to the event could invoke the appropriate SDK API to "open" the Sourcing Project.
3. How do I automatically notify the authorized users in a Sourcing Project, once they are set by the Project's owner?
- Use the event on Sourcing Project's "update cover page" action. The PX that is tied to the event could send an email to the appropriate authorized users.
For more information, refer to Getting Started with Events for Automation in Agile PLM 9.3 (using Events in PLM), PPM Automation using Events (specific to Portfolio Management) and Customizing Product Compliance using Events (specific to Product Compliance).