Top 5 Reasons to Attend Oracle Value Chain Summit 2014!
By Terri Hiskey-Oracle on Dec 11, 2013
Here we are again, at the end of another year. And at the same time, we're looking forward to 2014 and the upcoming Oracle Value Chain Summit (OVCS 2014), taking place in San Jose, California, from February 3-5. There are only a few short weeks left for customers to register for this annual event at the bargain rate of $495--a $200 savings from the onsite registration rate of $695. Register here to take advantage of this great Early Bird offer!
Need a little extra convincing to attend OVCS 2014? Check out the Top 5 list below to see why the Oracle Value Chain Summit will be the #1 event in 2014 you won't want to miss.
1. OVCS 2014: It's Bigger and Better!
We were so grateful and excited, but also overwhelmed with the number of customers who participated in the 2013 Oracle Value Chain Summit, which took place in San Francisco. We heard your feedback--the meeting rooms were too small and the venue was too crowded. So we have relocated OVCS 2014 to a new venue--the newly renovated McEnery Convention Center in San Jose, California. This new venue offers bigger rooms, and is much better equipped to accommodate the need for classroom space, meeting rooms and networking. The Convention Center is conveniently located, within walking distance to several hotels and restaurants in downtown San Jose, and is just 15 minutes away from San Jose's Mineta International Airport.
2. Networking, Networking, Networking
We have heard over and over from our customers that the best reason to attend events like OVCS 2014 is the opportunity to network with fellow Agile users. The best conversations often occur spontaneously during breaks between sessions, or at the end of the day, over cocktails. OVCS 2014 will offer attendees plenty of time to meet with other customers over breakfast, lunches and networking receptions. We have also carved out an additional hour out of the schedule each day for dedicated networking time.
3. Even More Customer Sessions and Speakers
OVCS 2014 is THE premier educational event for anyone in the Agile PLM community. There are over 30 PLM-focused in-depth educational sessions led by Agile PLM experts, customers and partners that will cover a range of product and industry-focused topics. Check out the latest Product Value Chain agenda here. Speakers include:
- OVCS 2014 General Session Speakers: In addition to industry luminary and bestselling author Geoffrey Moore and Jane Barrett, Gartner's Supply Chain Research Group Vice President, other OVCS 2014 General Session Speakers include GE Appliances Kevin Uhls, Supply Chain IT Leader and Jim Lebs, VP of Supply Chain for Sonic Drive-In.
- Product Value Chain General Session Speakers: John Kelley, VP of Product Strategy for Product Value Chain, will kick off our PVC General Session with an Overview and Roadmap for PVC. We also have some great executive speakers that will be presenting in the PVC General Session, including:
- Linda Henkel, Senior Director, Worldwide Quality Systems, McDonald's
- Mike Twomey, VP Supply Chain Strategy, Transformation and Logistics, Motorola
- Ken Ulrich, Director, Information Technology, Motorola
- Terry Ruttan, VP Business Operations, NBTY
- David Rudzinsky, SVP and CIO, Hologic
- PLM Track Sessions: We have confirmed a number of customer speakers across four tracks, representing a range of industries including: Brooks Automation, Cisco, ConAgra, Hologic, JDSU, Life Technologies, Mattel, Motorola, Oracle Peoplesoft, Pampered Chef, Qualcomm, Roka Bioscience and Zebra.
4. New User Experience Demo Area
We have upgraded our demo grounds so that attendees can better view our products up close, and even try them in a hands-on environment. Our new demo grounds will consist of three major components:
- A hands-on iPad demo area that will allow attendees the opportunity to run through self-paced PLM demos at their own speed.
- Theater-style demos that will be scheduled during lunches and networking breaks where attendees can view business process flows working in real-time.
- Meet the Experts dedicated time for attendees to ask specific questions to our product experts
5. Visit with our PLM Partner Community
Our partners play an important and significant role within the Agile PLM community. We have a number of our top partners that attendees will be able to meet and mingle with including:
- Event Sponsors: Inspirage and KPIT
- Premier Sponsors: Accenture, IBM and Kalypso
- Track Sponsors: Deloitte, GoEngineer, Hitachi, KPMG, Xavor and ZeroWaitState
- Preferred Sponsors: J-Squared and Verdant
Go here for a complete list of all the OVCS 2014 sponsors.
We look forward to seeing you in San Jose!