BI Publisher licensing options for Agile PLM
By gnani.palanikumar on Sep 21, 2008
In Agile PLM 9224 release, we added the Business Intelligence (BI) Publisher reporting framework, which enables our customers to customize their PLM reports. This post is intended to provide more clarity on the BI Publisher restricted and full licensing options for Agile PLM customers.
Oracle Business Intelligence Publisher (BI Publisher) is an enterprise reporting solution to author, manage, and deliver all types of highly formatted documents. Developers can create data models against practically any data source and use BI Publisher APIs to build custom applications. End users can easily design report layouts using familiar desktop tools, dramatically reducing the time and cost needed to develop and maintain reports
Click on the following URL for details:
Agile PLM Applications include a restricted use of BI Publisher to:
• Run a standard Agile report
• Modify a standard Agile report’s layout, including adding flex fields
• Create new reports in Agile PLM application
• Get data through PLM SDK and generate report using Agile Java PX
The BI Publisher restricted version is bundled with Agile PLM installation. No separate BI Publisher installation is required.
Full use of BI Publisher is required to:
• Get data using PLM SDK and generate report using an external application.
• Get data from multiple data sources (PLM, Oracle EBS, Siebel..), merge the data and generate report using external applications
Full use of BI Publisher needs a separate installation. Please refer to BI Publisher installation guide for details.