Wednesday May 23, 2012
Tuesday May 08, 2012
By Kerrie Foy on May 08, 2012
Featuring seven customer case studies and enriched with industry-specific best practices throughout, this Oracle Enterprise PLM Report is most definitely a “one-stop-shop” for anyone looking for a solid overview of Oracle’s Agile PLM and complementary solutions.
Here’s a brief summary of the almost 30 pages of content:
The Origins: From Agile Software to Oracle
As part of its commitment to providing the most complete, most integrated and most industry-oriented range of applications available, Oracle in 2007 acquired Agile Software Corp., a leading provider of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software solutions worldwide. Since that date, Oracle has extended and further developed its PLM applications portfolio to create the industry’s most comprehensive suite of applications for full, enterprise-scale PLM throughout the product value chain.
The Challenges for Product-Oriented Businesses
From industrial manufacturing to pharmaceuticals and retail, today’s product-oriented industries face a unique set of challenges such as complex design and supply chains, increased global competition, market demand for customized products, economic uncertainty, and industry regulations. To thrive in these conditions, product businesses need to be efficient, agile and innovative while ensuring quality, traceability and safety. But this difficult to achieve for many businesses, which are often plagued by delays and failures due to disjointed and inefficient product development and commercialization processes.
The Oracle Solution
Drawing on our extensive work with product-oriented businesses across multiple industry sectors, Oracle has developed the expertise and the technology solutions to enable a new streamlined approach to managing the product lifecycle: managing the entire product value chain with Enterprise PLM solutions. Enterprise PLM is much more than just a technology solution. It represents a new, strategic approach to the product value chain that emphasizes process efficiency, cross-functional collaboration in the extended enterprise, rapid innovation, rigorous quality control, risk mitigation and cost effectiveness.
Recognizing that different industry sectors have unique pressures and concerns, Oracle has developed dedicated Enterprise PLM solutions for a range of industries, including Pharmaceuticals, Medical Devices, Retail, Industrial Manufacturing, High Tech Electronics, Consumer Packaged Goods and Food & Beverage.
Pharmaceuticals: Enabling Business Transformation
With a case study on Bayer Healthcare
Medical Devices: Supporting Innovation, Accelerating Compliance
With a case study on Stryker
Retail: Get Control of Product Information
With a case study on 7-Eleven
High Tech Electronics: Accelerate Innovation in a Fast-Moving Industry
With a case study on Sun Microsystems
Consumer Packaged Goods: More Efficient, More Competitive
With a case study on Herbalife
Industrial Manufacturing: Bring Better Products to Market, Faster
With a case study on ZF Friedrichshafen AG
Food and Beverage: Improve Compliance at Lower Cost
With a case study on Tyson Foods
Oracle recommends that in order to start taking advantage of the benefits of Enterprise PLM, supply chain technology leaders and CIOs should undertake a few key actions:
- Take a purposeful, thoughtful and honest inventory of existing IT product value chain operations and opportunities.
- Develop a complete understanding of Oracle’s Enterprise PLM capabilities and how they may be deployed to fulfill specific operational product value chain priorities.
- Develop short-term and long-term roadmaps for Oracle strategy and deployment to optimize product value chain impact.
Hear from the community that's pioneering PLM's critical role in transforming supply chains into sustainable value chains that power profitable innovation and competitive advantage.Subscribe to Oracle Agile PLM Blog by Email
- How to Close the Innovation Gap
- Oracle MSCE 2016 Recap
- Agile Product Lifecycle Management 9.3.5 and Oracle Product Lifecycle Analytics 3.5 are available
- What to expect in the biggest PLM event of the year at the Modern Supply Chain Experience 2016
- PLM für Life Sciences - Was kann die Pharmaindustrie von anderen Industrien lernen?
- Top 5 PLM reasons to attend the Modern Supply Chain Experience 2016 [Video]
- Oracle Innovation Management Cloud Live Demo - Friday, Dec 4
- IDMP – The new Challenge for Pharma - WHY THE MDM APPROACH IS INSUFFICIENT
- Oracle Value Chain Summit 2016 Renamed Modern Supply Chain Experience 2016
- Harmonize your enterprise processes with Oracle Product MDM Cloud [Video]
- Fusion Middleware
- All PLM
- Analytics - BI
- CAD Integration - EC
- Compliance - PG&C
- Innovation - CNM
- Portfolio Management - PPM
- Product Record - PC
- Quality - PQM
- Sourcing - PCM
- NLS Multi Language