By ajpowell-Oracle on Nov 02, 2015
In Primavera Analytics when making changes to the selected UDFs, Codes, and other dynamic fields that come across generally the OBI services would need to be restarted to see these changes reflected. The reason being these fields that are being altered actually have underlying translation values and those are what need to be updated. Translations are managed differently compared to making a change to an existing field in the RPD. The following steps cover how to disable the caching on the RPD initialization block for translations. This allows for translation updates to be seen in OBIEE without requiring a full restart of the BI Server.
Steps for Updating RPD and Refreshing Translations
1. Open the RPD using the BI Admin Tool, in Online Mode.
2. From the Manage menu, select Variables.
3. Under Session, select Initialization Blocks, then double-click on the External Metadata Strings initialization block.
4. In the Variable Target section, click Edit Data Target.
5. Uncheck the Use Caching option, under Row-wise initialization, then click OK
6. Save the RPD changes. When prompted to check-in changes, click OK. When prompted to check global consistency, click No.
7. This example tests mapping a new Activity UDF. First log into OBIEE and create a new analysis using the Primavera - Activity subject area. Expand the Text UDFs - (Activity) folder and note the position of the first unmapped text type activity UDF, in this case Text Activity UDF 6.
8. Run the configutation utility (<ETL_HOME>/configStar.sh/bat), and on the UDF mapping screen add a 6th Activity UDF. Finish the configuration utility, then run the ETL.
9. Once the ETL has completed, log into OBIEE and again create an analysis using the Primavera - Activity subject area. From the refresh drop-down, select Reload Server Metadata.
10. Once that completes, expand the Text UDFs - (Activity) folder and you will see that the translation for the newly added Activity UDF is now displayed.