By Shawn Lafferty on Jun 25, 2014
With the latest version of the P6 Analytics catalog, the P6 Link fields (those fields that are used to launch P6 Action Links directly from Oracle Business Intelligence analysis) are appearing as text fields as opposed to a normalized hyperlinks. This is caused by the fact that the default data type for these fields are text instead of HTML. There are a few options that can be taken in order to correct this behavior and have the P6 Link fields appear as hyperlinks in analysis. The first option is to change the P6 Link field on an analysis by analysis basis. This is very time consuming and not very practical, especially if these fields are used in a lot of analysis. The Second option (Recommended) is to change the data type to HTML and save this as the system wide default for this field. This option is also a bit tedious because you have to do this for most of the subject areas, but once it's done, there is nothing else to do.
Follow these steps to change the data type for these fields:
1. Create a new analysis that contains ALL of the P6 Links for a specific Subject Area
2. For each link, choose Column Properties,
3. Select the Data Format tab, and check the "Override Default Data Format" option. Change the "Treat Text as" to HTML from the drop down box.
4. After Step 3 is complete, at the bottom right of the Properties window, there is a button to the left of the "Ok" button called "Save as Default". Click this button, and choose "Save as the system-wide default for <whichever Link you are changing the properties for>".
5. Click "Ok" on the Properties Window to save this setting as the default for this field system wide. Repeat steps 2-5 for the remaining fields in this Subject Area. Now anytime you add this field to an analysis, it should appear as a hyperlink.
6. Repeat Steps 1-5 for each subject area.