- Major Themes of the IDM 11gR2 PS2 Release
- Save the Date: April 10, 2014 @ 10:00 am PST - IDM 11gR2 PS2 Webcast
- Announcing Oracle Mobile Security Suite: Secure Deployment of Applications and Access for Mobile
- MDM + Oracle Fusion in the Cloud - Simeio Solutions
- Passing the Puck to the CTO - BeachBody's Miracle Moment of Identity
- Facilitating Secure BYOD: Deep Dive - Simeio Solutions
- Mobile Device Management (MDM) Within Your Enterprise - Simeio Solutions
- Congratulations to Putnam Investments for winning the 2013 Oracle Excellence Award for Identity Management
- Congratulations to ANZ Banking Group for winning the 2013 Oracle Excellence Award for Identity Management
- Webcast: Oracle Mobile Strategy Update - Simplifying Enterprise Mobility (Register now)
Monday Oct 03, 2011
Friday Aug 12, 2011
By B Shashikumar on Aug 12, 2011
As a security professional, one of the surveys I look forward to every year is the Data Breach Investigations Report published by Verizon. In the 2011 edition of the report, there were several glaring statistics. Verizon reports that 76% of all breaches compromised back end servers, 92% of attacks were not highly difficult and an alarming 96% of all security breaches were preventable through simple or intermediate controls. At Oracle, we could not agree more.
Across the enterprise security landscape there are several factors which are increasing risk for organizations. Traditional security has relied on defending the perimeter. But the proliferation of sophisticated attacks internally and externally demands sophisticated defense mechanisms that factor risk into the security equation. Secondly, the modern workforce is increasingly dynamic and mobile. When employees, partners, contractors, customers, suppliers etc all need access to critical applications, access to sensitive information should be restricted to authorized users. Finally, recent IT trends like cloud computing, and mobility have resulted in a proliferation of applications that employees need access to. Applications come in many different flavors (packaged, homegrown, SaaS, mobile apps etc) and when each app has its own notion of the user, how they connect and what they are authorized to do, this increases costs and complexity of integrating security for applications.
At Oracle, our Access Management solutions offer holistic security to help organizations safeguard against security threats, reduce risk, ensure compliance and security for applications, web services and data. In our upcoming webcast on Aug 23 sponsored by IOUG, Eric Leach from Oracle will discuss the latest innovations in Oracle Access Management solutions and how they can help you address your enterprise security and compliance goals.
Register here for the Aug 23 Webcast.
Oracle Identity Management is a complete and integrated next-generation identity management platform that provides breakthrough scalability; enables organizations to achieve rapid compliance with regulatory mandates; secures sensitive applications and data regardless of whether they are hosted on-premise or in a cloud; and reduces operational costs. Oracle Identity Management enables secure user access to resources anytime on any device.
- /Access Management
- /External Authorization
- /Identity Administration
- /Identity Management
- /Identity and Access Governance