By Tanu Sood-Oracle on Jan 09, 2013
Founded in 1996, Telenet began as a European broadband services pioneer. Today, the company is a market leader in Belgium for residential high-speed internet, telephony, and digital television services. It serves 1.24 million digital television subscribers, 1.22 million internet customers, and 815,000 fixed telephony accounts. Telenet Solutions, the company’s business market division, offers a complete communications solutions portfolio for organizations and corporations, holding a commanding lead in the Belgian/Luxembourg business market.
- Existing legacy identity management system required custom coding and was hard to maintain
- Need to automate user provisioning for a dynamic workforce
- Need to automate immediate revocation of user accounts on job changes to improve security
- Wanted to accelerate the internal approval process for user access to business application
- Build transparency and gain complete insight into who has access to what and when
Telenet implemented Oracle Identity Management to centralize identity management and security operations. Leveraging Oracle Identity Manager and Oracle Identity Analytics (part of Oracle Identity Governance Suite), Telenet managed to automate user account administration, streamline user access control, optimize license management and offer insight into who had access to what business applications.
For more information on Telenet’s implementation, check out the case study and the following video.