- Oracle Directory Server Enterprise Edition (DSEE) to Oracle Unified Directory (OUD) Upgrade and Co-existence
- Does Your Company Recognize Your Online Identity - Anywhere, Anytime?
- New eBook: Establishing a Mobile Security Architecture
- Look, Puppies! And Other Stories from the Utility Industry’s Digital Transformation
- ISACA Webcast Replay - Manage, Monitor & Audit the Mobile User
- Security and the User Experience: A Balancing Act
- Putting the dots together: How to provide compliance and individual accountability with Oracle Privileged Account Manager
- Building a Scalable, Highly Available Oracle API Gateway 11g Infrastructure in a Cloud Environment
- Is Your PaaS Delivering the Agility Your Users Demand?
- Why Customers Should Upgrade Directory Server Enterprise Edition (DSEE) to Oracle Unified Directory (OUD)
Wednesday Jul 10, 2013
Sunday Sep 18, 2011
By Naresh Persaud-Oracle on Sep 18, 2011
Centralizing and externalizing access control is a trend in Identity management. By centralizing the database and Unix accounts, administrators can divide and conquer with delegated administration and provide a single point of control for data and applications. The CISO and audit group get the benefit of a single point of audit and control. The overall impact to scale and security across the organization is dramatic. Instead of managing multiple instances of Unix systems or database services, administrators can now manage thousands of accounts per administrator. This is particularly urgent for Unix administrators who are still using NIS or NIS+ and need to find an alternative.
Join Mark Wilcox and I for this informative Open World 2011 presentation as we discuss how to centrally manage Oracle database user accounts and credentials, along with Oracle Solaris and Linux user accounts, using Oracle directory services. The session will be held on Thursday, 09:00 AM, Moscone West - room 3022.
For a complete list of Identity Management sessions at Open World 2011 see our Focus On Document
Oracle Identity Management is a complete and integrated next-generation identity management platform that provides breakthrough scalability; enables organizations to achieve rapid compliance with regulatory mandates; secures sensitive applications and data regardless of whether they are hosted on-premise or in a cloud; and reduces operational costs. Oracle Identity Management enables secure user access to resources anytime on any device.
- /Access Management
- /External Authorization
- /Identity Administration
- /Identity Management
- /Identity and Access Governance