Most Innovative IDM Projects: Awards at OpenWorld
By Tanu Sood-Oracle on Oct 05, 2012
On Tuesday at Oracle OpenWorld 2012, Oracle recognized the winners of Innovation Awards 2012 at a ceremony presided over by Hasan Rizvi, Executive Vice President at Oracle.
Oracle Fusion Middleware Innovation Awards recognize customers for achieving significant business value through innovative uses of Oracle Fusion Middleware offerings. Winners are selected based on the uniqueness of their business case, business benefits, level of impact relative to the size of the organization, complexity and magnitude of implementation, and the originality of architecture.
This year’s Award honors customers for their cutting-edge solutions driving business innovation and IT modernization using Oracle Fusion Middleware. The program has grown over the past 6 years, receiving a record number of nominations from customers around the globe. The winners were selected by a panel of judges that ranked each nomination across multiple different scoring categories.
Congratulations to both Avea and ETS for winning this year’s Innovation Award for Identity Management.
Identity Management Innovation Award 2012 Winner – Avea
Company: Founded in 2004, AveA is the sole GSM 1800 mobile operator of Turkey and has reached a nationwide customer base of 12.8 million as of the end of 2011
Region: Turkey (EMEA)
Products: Oracle Identity Manager, Oracle Identity Analytics, Oracle Access Management Suite
· To manage the agility and scale required for GSM Operations and enable call center efficiency by enabling agents to change their identity profiles (accounts and entitlements) rapidly based on call load.
· Enhance user productivity and call center efficiency with self service password resets
· Enforce compliance and audit reporting
· Seamless identity management between AveA and parent company Turk Telecom
Innovation and Results:
· One of the first Sun2Oracle identity management migrations designed for high performance provisioning and trusted reconciliation built with connectors developed on the ICF architecture that provides custom user interfaces for dynamic and rapid management of roles and entitlements along with entitlement level attestation using closed loop remediation between Oracle Identity Manager and Oracle Identity Analytics.
· Dramatic reduction in identity administration and call center password reset tasks leading to 20% reduction in administration costs and 95% reduction in password related calls.
· Enhanced user productivity by up to 25% to date
· Enforced enterprise security and reduced risk
· Cost-effective compliance management
· Looking to seamlessly integrate with parent and sister companies’ infrastructure securely.
Identity Management Innovation Award 2012 Winner – Education Testing Service (ETS)
Company: ETS is a private nonprofit organization devoted to educational measurement and research, primarily through testing.
Region: U.S.A (North America)
Products: Oracle Access Manager, Oracle Identity Federation, Oracle Identity Manager
Business Drivers: ETS develops and administers more than 50 million achievement and admissions tests each year in more than 180 countries, at more than 9,000 locations worldwide. As the business becomes more globally based, having a robust solution to security and user management issues becomes paramount. The organizations was looking for:
· Simplified user experience for over 3000 company users and more than 6 million dynamic student and staff population
· Infrastructure and administration cost reduction
· Managing security risk by controlling 3rd party access to ETS systems
· Enforce compliance and manage audit reporting
· Automate on-boarding and decommissioning of user account to improve security, reduce administration costs and enhance user productivity
· Improve user experience with simplified sign-on and user self service
Innovation and Results:
1. Manage Risk
· Centralized system to control user access
· Provided secure way of accessing service providers' application using federated SSO.
· Provides reporting capability for auditing, governance and compliance.
2. Improve efficiency
· Real-Time provisioning to target systems
· Centralized provisioning system for user management and access controls.
· Enabling user self services.
3. Reduce cost
· Re-using common shared services for provisioning, SSO, Access by application reducing development cost and time.
· Reducing infrastructure and maintenance cost by decommissioning legacy/redundant IDM services.
· Reducing time and effort to implement security functionality in business applications (“onboard” instead of new development).
ETS was able to fold in new and evolving requirement in addition to the initial stated goals realizing quick ROI and successfully meeting business objectives.
Congratulations to the winners once again. We will be sure to bring you more from these Innovation Award winners over the next few months.