Oracle iLearning 6 is here!
By Anders Northeved on Jan 06, 2012
We are proud to announce that iLearning 6.0 was released on the 30. Dec. 2011.
This new version of iLearning has new Web 2.0 functionality for enhanced Learner participation, new Administrator functionality for better and faster learning administration and a host of other enhancements:
• Major new functionality for Learners
• Major new functionality for Administrators
• A completely new User Interface
• New tech stack components
• Certified for a number of new browsers
We have also published a New User Manual, Administrator Manual and Installation Manual.
(this release also contains the two patches #11939490 and #9380246 that was released on top of iLearning 5.2.1)
Examples of new functionality for the Learners
• See and contact fellow learners in a class
• Learners can recommend a course when they browse for new courses
• Quick Links lets learners navigate to resources outside iLearning
Examples of new functionality for the Administrator
• Attach documents to Learners in a class
• Combine user accounts
• Mass update of offerings
Do you want to know more?
1) If you are a member of the
iLearning User Group you will find a lot of new material for iLearning 6 on our
User Group Web site.
(if you’re not yet a member you can mail Anders Northeved to become a member – it’s free).
2) If you have access to My Oracle Support, go to My Oracle Support and look
up the document “Oracle iLearning Release 6.0 Documentation” (Doc ID 1390451.1).
This gives you more info and also contains links to the new manuals and other
3) Participate in one of our
webcasts for iLearning 6.
There will be two identical webcasts on Monday 23. Jan. 2012, 6:00pm CET (9:00am PST) & Wednesday 25. Jan. 2012, 11:00am CET (3:30pm IST).
(Send a mail to Anders Northeved if you want to participate in one of these webcast, and you will receive information on how to join the webcast)
- anyone with an interest in iLearning is welcome to attend these webcasts.
(View enrolled Learners)