By R A Sanyal on Apr 18, 2013
Come meet Coherence engineers, product managers, partners and customers at the Bay Area Coherence Special Interest Group (CSIG), Wednesday, May 1st, 5:30 pm PT at the Oracle Conference Center, 350 Oracle Parkway, Room 203, Redwood Shores, CA.
- Coherence Roadmap and Community Update (Craig Blitz, Senior Group Product Manager, Oracle)
- In this talk, Craig will discuss the next Coherence release, including the new GoldenGate HotCache feature for synchronizing with databases and Managed Coherence Servers for full cluster and container management. He will also discuss the new community development process that extends the popular Incubator model. Finally, we will discuss some projects in the labs slated to be delivered in upcoming releases.
- Oracle NoSQL Database and Coherence Integration - A Solution For Big Data Problems (Dave Rubin, Director, Oracle NoSQL Database Development)
- Dave will present a technical overview of Oracle NoSQL Database, a massively scalable, transactional key-value store. Also presented will be big data use cases that provide a rationale for an integrated solution and explain why such an integrated solution is key to meeting the stringent latency and scale requirements in these scenarios.
- Session Management with Oracle Coherence- Coherence*Web Usage Patterns and Features (Torkel Dominique – Principal Member of Technical Staff, Oracle)
- Coherence*Web is being used by companies looking for the scalability, operational agility, and availability benefits that come with managing sessions in a separate tier. This talk will present how Coherence*Web is being used today, and will then dive into some of the more powerful features of Coherence*Web, including session models and locking options.
Be sure to keep up with the CSIGs in your area on our wiki.