Coherence Forums and Support
By Craig Blitz-Oracle on Nov 19, 2015
Do you know that you have ways of getting Coherence support beyond the standard Service Request process? We currently have multiple online forums where you can submit questions about Coherence. In an effort to encourage more open communication, the Coherence team is consolidating these forums.
- The Coherence My Oracle Support Community (MOSC) has been available to customers with a paid Oracle support contract, and is lightly trafficked. This site will be retired.
- The Oracle Technology Network (OTN) support forums on https://community.oracle.com/community/fusion_middleware/coherence allow anyone to post and answer questions about Coherence. This is a more heavily used community forum, and we are encouraging increased usage of this resource.
We hope that this consolidation will provide a more active and open discussion around use cases, design questions, and issues.
The Coherence MOS Community also provided convenient links to other resources, and we would like to ensure that you know how to access these resources once the site is retired.
As an Oracle customer with a current Support Contract has access to MyOracleSupport , have access to Support Notes, Knowledge Documents, and the ability to log a Service Request. You can access all this through MOS:
2. To access Knowledge Documents enter the product name and some search terms:
3. This is the screen you see after clicking on Search:
4. Click on the title of the Knowledge Document you would like to view
5. For the most timely and official resolution of issues, please log a Service Request with from the Dashboard (Bottom right) or the Service Request tab. This requires more detailed information about the product, version etc. We always encourage you to upload a description of the use case, deployment information, configuration files, and log files. For some Service Requests, we may ask you for stack traces, memory dumps, GC logs or other information. The faster you can provide us with this information, the faster we will be able to resolve any issue you may be having.
6. The News and Getting started sections on the left are very useful for general information about Oracle support.
7. Access to Coherence Information and Documentation.
mentioned above, you can access the Coherence
OTN Community to ask questions to a
wide audience including partners and customers.
highly recommend that you look at the following knowledge documents:
- Oracle Support Accreditation - Series Index (Doc ID 1583898.1)
- Oracle Support Accreditation Series for Level 1 My Oracle Support (Doc ID 1579751.1)
Oracle Support Accreditation Series - Oracle Fusion Middleware (Doc ID