Thursday Jan 31, 2013
By Rob.Misek-Oracle on Jan 31, 2013
The SDTimes just published an article entitled "In-memory data grids see 2013 as a big year" predicting that the in-memory data grid market will hit the $1 billion mark by 2016. While the article includes a number of perspectives on reasons for such growth and the future direction of the market, this singular point hits home for me and puts the past twelve years in perspective.
As employee #1 at Tangosol, I have seen the Coherence product come into being, watched it define a new market, innovate and lead that new market. This market continues to mature, customers continue to find new ways to apply the technology, influence and define new markets such as NoSQL and BigData and the ecosystem around Coherence continues to grow at a rapid pace. I personally look forward to 2013 and beyond as Coherence continues to lead the market growth towards the $1 billion mark.
I would be remiss if I did not point out one final quote in this article:
"[Oracle Coherence is the] in-memory data grid cited as the most popular by [Massimo] Pezzini [vice president and fellow at Gartner Research]"
- Updated Best Practices Whitepaper
- Docker support for Oracle Coherence
- CoherenceRx: Reactive Extensions for Oracle Coherence
- Coherence SIGs in Europe in December
- Coherence Forums and Support
- Oracle Coherence 12cR2 Offers Major New Innovations
- Oracle Coherence recognized as a leader in new Forrester Wave report
- Coming Up, the next London Coherence SIG on 2nd July 2015
- Coherence Patches and Releases
- Coherence is in the Cloud as Part of Java Cloud Service
- /Coherence Community
- /Coherence Special Interest Group
- /Customer Showcase
- /OpenWorld & JavaOne