By rickramsey on Dec 18, 2012
This is the lake where Yuli Vasiliev's countrymen swim laps.
Yuli is one of my favorite OTN writers not just because he really knows his stuff. Not just because his writing is clear and accurate. And not just because his English is better than the English of most native speakers. Yo, those are all good reasons. But it's the Lake Baikal thing.
Yuli recently wrote two wicked good how-to's about Oracle VM Templates. You should read them. You might gain a gram of Yuli's respect. Two grams, if you can head butt icebergs while you swim.
How to prepare an Oracle VM environment to use Oracle VM Templates, how to obtain a template, and how to deploy the template to your Oracle VM environment. Also how to create a virtual machine based on that template and how you can clone the template and change the clone's configuration.
How to use Oracle VM VirtualBox Templates in Oracle VM VirtualBox. Similar to the article above, but it describes how to download, install, and configure the templates within Oracle VM VirtualBox, instead of on bare metal.
Other OTN Technical Articles by Yuli Vasiliev
- Retrieving, Transforming, and Consolidating Web Data with Oracle Database
- Setting Up, Configuring, and Using a WebLogic Server Cluster
- Cube Development for Beginners
- How to XQuery Non-JDBC Sources from JDBC
- Advanced Dimensional Design with Oracle Warehouse Builder
- Using the JDBC Connectivity Layer in Oracle Warehouse Builder
- High Performance Oracle JDBC Programming
- Python Data Persistence with Oracle
- Querying JPA Entities with JPQL and Native SQL