By rickramsey on Nov 15, 2010
The Beast is here.
Oracle Solaris 11 Express is a big change for Solaris, particularly in:
- The way you install it
- The way you patch it
- The way applications are delivered
- The amount of down-time required to upgrade
- The usual major new capabilities that justify a major release
To help you manage it, we've assembled the following resources:
- Download Instructions
- What's New - Quick Summary
- What's New for System Administrators
- Getting Started Guide by the Oracle Solaris Documentation Team
- Overview of Solaris 11 Express Documentation
You can find these links in a tidy package on OTN's Solaris 11 Express Product Page:
Provides technical resources about Solaris 11 Express, including latest white papers and other publication, documentation, download instructions, and other resources for sysadmins, developers, and IT managers.
We've also got a few resources for application developers, and I'll point you to them over the next few days.