By RickRamsey-Oracle on Jun 02, 2011
The Hardware Compability List (HCL), which was previously created for BigAdmin by Robert Weeks, has been re-created on the Oracle Technology Network.
The HCL lists all the hardware, including servers, desktops, laptops, and peripheral devices, that are compatible with Oracle Solaris 10 and Oracle Solaris 11 Express.
The HCL includes :
- Oracle Solaris 10 HCL - All the systems (1420 currently listed) and hardware components (1727 currently listed) that run or work with Solaris 10.
- Oracle Solaris 11 Express HCL - All the systems (4797 currently listed) and hardware components (1665 currently listed) that run or work with Solaris 11 Express.
- Solaris for x86 Device List - a list of devices and device drivers supported on Solaris for x86, including PCI ID, driver, type, vendor, and more.
- HCL search.
- Device Detection Tool - If your system or device is not listed on the HCL, use this tool to find out whether your system or device supports Solaris 10 or Solaris 11 Express.
- Hardware Certification Test Suite (HCTS) - Use the HCTS to get your system or device certified on Solaris 10 or Solaris 11 Express.
- Information About Oracle's Solaris-Ready Program.
- Instructions and feedback links, plus information about Oracle support.
Jack is pleased.