By rickramsey on Jul 30, 2013
photo copyright 2013 by Rick Ramsey
Our last virtual sysadmin day was held on July 15. If you missed it, you can still watch the video recordings of the lab sessions on the OTN Garage (aka "Oracle BigAdmin") channel on YouTube.
For instance, these are the videos for the Oracle VM track.
This session explores the Oracle VM architecture and key features, and introduces the 3 hands-on labs that will follow.
How to download and install VirtualBox in preparation for the labs.
Planning and deployment of an infrastructure as a service (IaaS) environment with Oracle VM as the foundation. Storage capacity planning, LUN creation, network bandwidth planning, and best practices for designing and streamlining the environment so that it's easy to manage.
How to deploy Oracle applications in minutes with Oracle VM Templates:
- Find out what Oracle VM Templates are and how they work
- Deploy an actual Oracle VM Template for an Oracle Application
- Plan your deployment to streamline on going updates and upgrades.
This hands-on lab will demonstrate what Oracle's enterprise cloud infrastructure for x86 can do, and how it works with Oracle VM 3.x:
- How to create VMs
- How to migrate VMs
- How to deploy Oracle applications quickly and easily with Oracle VM Templates
- How to use the Storage Connect plug-in for the Sun ZFS Storage Appliance
You can see more unique cars from the Golden Age of American Automobile at the Gateway Automobile Museum.