By Logan Rosenstein-Oracle on Nov 11, 2015
As I have mentioned a few months ago, the OTN Garage name will be changing to OTN Systems Hub. This is an effort to make the community social channels name be a little bit more easily recognizable to newcomers, and help them understand the contents of the community. We have designed new artwork and logos to go along with this change to highlight the Systems topic areas and improve the communities visibility. To be clear, this isn't an Oracle mandated sales marketing hostile takeover. This is just my effort to help with the community organization and help those newbies find the information that they are looking for. This will have zero impact on the content we create or share. OTN content policy remains the same and we pride ourselves in being a community-centric group that focuses on educational resources and developer...um.....development.
Changes that are happening very soon:
- Twitter: @OTN_Garage will be renamed to @OTNSystemsHub and the artwork/profile pictures will be updated.
- Facebook: Page name will change from OTN Garage to OTN Systems Hub, and the cover photo and profile picture will be updated.
- YouTube/G+: Channel name will change from OTN Garage to OTN Systems Hub, and the cover photo and profile picture will be updated.
- OTN Garage Blog: The blog will be archived and will remain visible here on the community platform via a dedicated section. And a URL redirect will be placed on the old blog URL to forward traffic to the OTN Systems Hub.
If you already follow or like any of those social channels, there is no need to re-like the new name. All existing followers will transfer over. However, the URL to those pages WILL be changing so please update any bookmarks that you may have in your browser or Rolodex once the change has been made. I will keep the links on the OTN Systems Hub updated so if you ever lose 'em, just head over there and re-gram 'em.
Thanks for hanging in there during the transition.
- Logan Rosenstein, OTN Systems Community Manager
EDIT: NEW URLS ARE READY!