BPM Composer - Failed to start Service "Cluster"
By Andrew D on Aug 10, 2012
Whilst working with Oracle BPM Process Composer, I began to receive the following error when opening projects:
This message started to appear all of a sudden, in an otherwise working environment.
Oracle SOA and BPM Suites use coherence under the covers to perform management tasks across the domain. The configuration of this coherence grid is performed automatically during installation, and in simple environments doesn't require any further consideration. The message that we receive above is caused when there are multiple SOA / BPM Suite installations in the same network subnet, using the default configuration. In my case, someone else had started BPM on their computer that morning, causing the clash.
To fix this, we simply need change the coherence cluster port to some other unused value.
- Edit the $DOMAIN_HOME/bin/setDomain.sh (setDomain.cmd for Windows platforms)
- Look for the EXTRA_JAVA_PROPERTIES variable. This is where many of the start up parameters are set
- We need to change the tangosol.coherence.clusterport to another port
- Add the tangosol.coherence.ttl pertpery, and set it to 0
- Save the file, and restart the server
The above is based upon version 126.96.36.199