TestNg and NetBeans
By karthikr on Mar 08, 2008
Is there TestNg support in NetBeans 6.0?
NetBeans 6.0 and previous versions did not directly support TestNg.
Threads, Issues ...
The following are some nbusers threads and issuezilla issues that deal with TestNg support:
- nbusers threads:
- testnb support
- running testng tests and launching apps
- Netbeans 6 and builtin support for testNG and Junit 4.x
- Maven and TestNg
- Module ideas : TestNg support is a suggested module idea but has no owner yet on the page.
- Grant Project Ideas: 'TestNg integration' in 'Ideas for Grant Projects'
- Issuezilla issues
- Request for plugin:
- The blog entry 'NetBeans and Alternative Test Runners:Customizing Standard Java Projects' (referenced in this FAQ) provides examples for customizing the project scripts to use TestNG. It is a manual method and isn't as convenient as having a plugin, but is fairly simple.
Learn to customize a NetBeans "standard project" build-file so you can run and debug a project test suite that uses TestNG, SuiteRunner, or another alternative test runner in place of NetBeans' default JUnit. Examples are provided for SuiteRunner and TestNG. The resulting requirement is just one additional import in a standard project build file.
- Several users have used maven to use TestNg.
- As of now, there are no plugins that directly support TestNg. The blog entry http://blogs.sun.com/xzajo/entry/test_ng_plugin_for_netbeans mentions a TestNg plugin for NetBeans 5.0 but doesn't seem to have been updated.