Downloading patch nbms
By karthikr on Jun 03, 2008
- From SunSolve
The nbms that are part of a patch are made available in zip format on SunSolve. The link for the zip file (along with the readme on the installation instructions) are provided in the patches info page for that patch. (Note: The nbms are posted on SunSolve a couple of days later than on the update center and therefore patches info page is updated with the SunSolve link after the posting to SunSolve).
As an example, for 6.1 Patch1:
- Go to patches info page
- Access SunSolve link from the "Offline download : The patches can also be downloaded as a bundle in zip format from SunSolve" section.
- Visit the Update Center Content Inspector .
- Select the version you are interested in , select 'Stable' version and click 'Show Content' . (Patches are in general posted on the stable update center).
- Select modules which are listed in the patches info page for that NB version. (Modules usually reserve the first three digits for nbversion-to-nextnbversion increments. Therefore patches usually increment fourth or higher digits).
- This method is clearly inferior to method 1 , since the modules need to be downloaded one-by-one rather than in one complete package.
Once download and applied, a downloaded nbm is deleted from the hard disk by the ide. Prior to NetBeans 6.0, after nbms are downloaded, the ide provided an option to 'restart now' or 'restart later'. At that point, downloaded nbms are still available on the hard disk and can be located and copied to another place. But since 6.0, this method is not always available; there are times when the nbms are applied to the running ide without pausing for some user interaction. It may still be possible to keep looking for nbm files at the OS level, as the plugin manager is downloading and applying patches and copy them over.