MySQL for Visual Studio 1.1.3 GA has been released
By GABMARTINEZ on Jan 15, 2014
MySQL for Visual Studio is a new product including all of the Visual Studio integration previously available as part of Connector/Net. This is the 1.1.3 GA release of this product and it is a version suitable for production environments. It is compatible with Connector/Net 6.8.3 and it supports MySQL server versions 5.0 to 5.6.
The MySQL for Visual Studio is included as part of the set of tools available for Windows through the MySQL Windows Installer. It can be downloaded within the full bundled or by using the web installer (MySQL Windows Installer download page http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/windows/installer/)
The MySQL for Visual Studio 1.1.3 introduces the following features:
- Database export tool
- Visual Studio 2013 integration *
- Integration with Connector/Net 6.8.3 (http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/net/)
- Support for EF 6 new designers on Visual Studio 2013 **
Features available from previous version:
- Server explorer connections
- Design time support
- Entity Framework designer (Database First & Model First) **
- Stored Routines Debugger
- ASP.NET Website Configuration Tool **
- Visual Studio support for versions 2008, 2010 and 2012.
* Requires Professional Edition or higher.
** Requires Connector/Net 6.8.3
The bugs fixes included in this 1.1 version are the following:
- Fix for In parser 'describe' keyword must be treated as synonym of 'explain' keyword (Oracle bug #17956087).
- Fix for Intellisense shows views from all databases, instead of only the current one (Oracle bug #17954412).
- Fix for MySql Stored Routine Debugger Fails with Stored Procedure with Leave statement (Oracle bug #17616344).
- Fix for Debugger fails to debug routine correctly with two functions in a single expression (Oracle bug #17865915).
- Fix for Error when invoking intellisense in some corner case scenarios (Oracle bug #17890216).
- Fix for bug Generate database from simple model fails in Visual Studio 2012 (MySql bug #67964, Oracle bug #17800707).
- Fix for Error when editing/altering stored procedure/trigger (Oracle bug #17830161).
Please send us your comments or questions using this blog, the Forums or fill any bugs you find on the MySQL community bugs site where we keep track of all your feedback and answer any questions you have about MySQL for Visual Studio plugin.
Enjoy and thanks for the support!