MySQL for Excel 1.1.1 GA has been released
By Javier Trevi�o-Oracle on Apr 26, 2013
The MySQL Windows Experience Team is proud to announce the release of MySQL for Excel version 1.1.1 GA, the latest addition to the MySQL Installer for Windows.
MySQL for Excel enables you to directly work with a MySQL database from within Microsoft Excel so you can easily do tasks such as:
- Importing MySQL Data into Excel
- Exporting Excel data directly into MySQL to a new or existing table
- Editing MySQL data directly within Excel
You can download it from our official Downloads page at http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/installer/.
Version 1.1.1 is a maintenance release that contains the following bug fixes:
- Added code to check for changes on the contents of the currently selected Excel cells, so if the contents become empty the Export and Append data actions are disabled in the same way as they are disabled when a new cells selection is made and they contain no data. (Bug #16495151 - EXPORT TABLE LINK IS NOT DISABLED WHEN DATA IS DELETED)
- Added code to clear the format of a target Excel range where MySQL data is to be imported to before copying the values to the Excel range so the format applied to the Excel cells from a previous import operation does not corrupt the format of newly imported data. (Bug #16495155 - DATA GETS CORRUPTED WHEN CELL FORMAT IS DIFFERENT THAN DATA EXPORTED)
- Fixed logic that detects data types for columns to check for empty columns instead of excluded ones and properly assigning the default generic data type of varchar(255) to empty columns as per design. (Bug #16495493 - EXPORT DATA - DATA TYPE FOR EMPTY COLUMNS IS NOT AUTO-DETECTED)
- Fixed code that detected data types for columns for the scenario where only 1 row of Excel data is selected for Export or for Append, in which case the data type was always being set as a varchar(255) which is used when data types between rows are not consistent. (Bug #16493139 - AUTOMATIC MAPPING NOT WORKING)
- Added a parameter to the LoadConnections method that refreshes connections from its corresponding file, set to true when the the Refresh Connections action is performed. (Bug #16493129 - CONNECTION DETAILS NOT REFRESHED)
- Added code to prevent the connections, schemas and DB objects lists from drawing while they are being filled with items. (Bug #16392862 - CONNECTIONS LIST FLICKERS WHEN A CONNECTION IS DELETED OR ADDED)
- Added performance_schema to the list of system schemas, so now it shows along with the mysql and information_schema schemas list. (Bug #16473033 - PERFORMANCE_SCHEMA NOT LISTED UNDER "SYSTEM SCHEMAS" GROUP)
- Added code that converts numbers to invariant culture strings when building the SQL statements used to push queries to the MySQL Server. (MySql bug #67663, Bug #15903921 - USING MYSQL FOR EXCEL IN FRANCE)
- Removed code that always forced the FirstDisplayedScrollingColumnIndex of the preview grid to the currently selected column every time the First Row Contains Column Names checkbox is checked or unchecked. (Bug #16419402 - EXPORT DATA FREEZES WHEN SWITCHING HEADERS ROW)
- Set the CreateIndex property value in each new column to be exported immediately after the column data type's is auto-detected. (Bug #16238445 - EXPORT DATA - CREATE INDEX CHECKBOX IS NOT AUTO-CHECKED ON DATATYPE DETECTION)
- Moved logic that handles Table and Column values and warnings from Export Form (frontend) to MySQLDataTable and MySQLDataColumn classes (backend). (Bug #16397637 - EXPORT DATA - FOCUS GOES TO FIRST COLUMN WHEN EXCLUDING ANY OTHER COLUMN)
- Added code to expand each of the connection group nodes after they are initialized with existing connections. (Bug #16238782 - REMOTE CONNECTIONS SHOULD BE EXPANDED ON THE WELCOME PANEL)
- The context menu opened by right-clicking the preview grid in the Import Data Form is now showing context menu actions depending on the number of selected columns as follows (Bug #16238663 - IMPORT DATA - CONTEXT MENU SHOULD SMARTLY SHOW SELECT ACTIONS):
- Select All: Visible when # of selected columns < total columns
- Select None: Visible when # of selected columns > 0
- Removed the code that disabled the whole preview grid when the Import Form was used within an Edit Data operation, the disabling of the preview grid was disabling the horizontal scrollbar as well. Now the grid is not disabled but columns selection in the grid is cancelled when the Import Form is used by Edit Data which was the original intention since in Edit Data all columns must be imported to the worksheet. Disabled the context menu for the grid as well in this scenario. (Bug #16239011 - EDIT DATA - IMPORT DIALOG'S PREVIEW GRID HAS HORIZONTAL SCROLLBAR DISABLED)
- Added a link in the Welcome Panel to open an About box displaying the MySQLfor Excel version and copyright text. The About box can be closed by clicking on it or pressing the ESC key.(Bug #16238860 - MYSQL FOR EXCEL VERSION NOT VISIBLE UNLESS GOING TO ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS)
You can access the MySQL for Excel documentation at http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/mysql-for-excel.html
You can find our team’s blog at http://blogs.oracle.com/MySQLOnWindows.
You can also post questions on our MySQL for Excel forum found at http://forums.mysql.com/.
Enjoy and thanks for the support!