MySQL Connector/Net 6.6.4 RC1 has been released
By fernando on Oct 19, 2012
MySQL Connector/Net 6.6.4, a new version of the all-managed .NET driver for MySQL has been released. This is the Release Candidate intended to introduce users to the new features in the release. This release is feature complete it should be stable enough for users to understand the new features and how we expect them to work. As is the case with all non-GA releases, it should not be used in any production environment. It is appropriate for use with MySQL server versions 5.0-5.6
It is now available in source and binary form from http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/net/#downloads and mirror sites (note that not all mirror sites may be up to date at this point-if you can't find this version on some mirror, please try again later or choose another download site.)
The 6.6 version of MySQL Connector/Net brings the following new features:
* Stored routine debugging
* Entity Framework 4.3 Code First support
* Pluggable authentication (now third parties can plug new authentications mechanisms into the driver).
* Full Visual Studio 2012 support: everything from Server Explorer to Intellisense& the Stored Routine debugger.
The following specific fixes are addressed in this version:
- Fixed Entity Framework + mysql connector/net in partial trust throws exceptions (MySql bug #65036, Oracle bug #14668820).
- Added support in Parser for Datetime and Time types with precision when using Server 5.6 (No bug Number).
- Fix for bug TIMESTAMP values are mistakenly represented as DateTime with Kind = Local (Mysql bug #66964, Oracle bug #14740705).
The release is available to download athttp://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/net/6.6.html
You can view current Connector/Net documentation
For specific topics:
Stored Routine Debugger:http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/connector-net-visual-studio-debugger.html
You can find our team blog at http://blogs.oracle.com/MySQLOnWindows.
You can also post questions on our forums at http://forums.mysql.com/.
Enjoy and thanks for the support!