MySQL Connector/Net 6.5.6 Maintenance Release has been released
By fernando on Mar 23, 2013
MySQL Connector/Net 6.5.6, a new maintenance release of our 6.5 series, has been released. This release is GA quality and is appropriate for use in production environments. Please note that 6.6 is our latest driver series and is the recommended product for development. It is now available in source and binary form from http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/net/#downloads and mirror sites (note that not all mirror sites may be up to date at this point-if you can't find this version on some mirror, please try again later or choose another download site.)
While 6.5.6 is recommended over 6.5.5, for the most feature complete & stable Connector/NET version for production we recommend 6.6.5.
The 6.5.6 version of MySQL Connector/Net brings the following fixes:
- Fix internal bug "Parser cannot recognize row_count in grammar version 5.6" (id task 326).
- Fixed missing keywords not working as ids (without quoting) in parser: value, status, unknown & some unit tests.
- Fix for Datetime precision doesn't work with code first or model first. (Oracle bug #15972773).
- Fix for Support for current_timestamp as default for datetime with ef for server 5.6 (Oracle bug #15935094).
- Adding support for Geometry type. Unit Tests included. Supporting server 5.1 and further.
- Added support for new connect attributes feature in server 5.6 (Oracle bug #15935112).
- Added protocol support for password expiration (Oracle bug #15935104).
- Added to parser missing "alter user ... password expire".
- Fix for "Debugger error on stored procedure", which is actually a parser bug (parser was expecting decimal both precision & scale),
(bug MySql #67975, Oracle bug #16079735).
- Added support for password hashing with appropriate strength for server 5.6 (Oracle bug #15935128).
- Fix for GetSchema returning MySqlException instead of ArgumentException when passing an invalid collection name
(Oracle bug #16271425, MySql bug #67901).
- Fix for EF 4.3 failing when FK identifiers are too long (MySql bug #67285, Oracle bug #16286397).
- Fix for race condition on ConnectionStringBuilder when using multiple threads
(MySql bug #68217, Oracle bug #16310698).
- Fix for stored routines being edited from Server explorer appear as ALTER, which may led
to syntax errors, which may led to Intellisense to stop working (Oracle bug #16357595).
- Fix for Error in Server Explorer when refreshing a table or view (Oracle bug #16363908).
- Fix for Intellisense not available for Views (Oracle bug #16384218).
- Fix for "When saving a new stored procedure, it raises a windows error message", due to
using definer (Oracle bug #16363828).
- Fix for "The first time a new stored routine is saved, after save, Intellisense doesn't work (Oracle bug #16384238).
- Fix for "Error when saving after changing an existing stored routine name in SQL in the editor" (Oracle bug #16390757).
- Fix for server explorer error opening a remote connection (Oracle bug #16357786).
- Fix for password expiration, new password dialog failed (Oracle bug #16357752).
- Fix for InvalidCastException thrown when executing an stored function (MySql bug #64633, Oracle bug #13864627).
- Fix for Default Command Timeout not applying for EFMySqlCommand (MySql bug #67171, Oracle bug #14825670).
The release is available to download at
You can view current Connector/Net documentation
You can find our team blog at http://blogs.oracle.com/MySQLOnWindows.
You can also post questions on our forums at http://forums.mysql.com/.
Enjoy and thanks for the support!