MySQL Connector/Net 6.4.6 Maintenance Release has been released
By fernando on Nov 26, 2012
MySQL Connector/Net 6.4.6, a new version of the all-managed .NET driver
for MySQL has been released. This is a maintenance release and is recommended for use in production environments.
It is appropriate for use with MySQL server versions 5.0-5.6.
This is intended to be the final release for Connector/NET 6.4.
It is now available in source and binary form from
http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/net/#downloads and mirror sites
(note that not all mirror sites may be up to date at this point-if you
can't find this version on some mirror, please try again later or choose
another download site.)
The 6.4.6 version of MySQL Connector/Net brings the following fixes:
- Fix for List.Contains generates a bunch of ORs instead of more efficient IN clause in
LINQ to Entities (Oracle bug #14016344, MySql bug #64934).
- Fix for error when trying to change the name of an Index on the Indexes/Keys editor; along with this fix now users can change the Index type of a new Index which could not be done
in previous versions, and when changing the Index name the change is reflected on the list view at the left side of the Index/Keys editor (Oracle bug #13613801).
- Fix for stored procedure call using only its name with EF code first (MySql bug #64999, Oracle bug #14008699).
- Fix for performance issue in generated EF query: .NET StartsWith/Contains/EndsWith produces MySql's locate instead of Like (MySql bug #64935, Oracle bug #14009363).
- Fix for script generated for code first contains wrong alter table and wrong declaration for byte (MySql bug #64216, Oracle bug #13900091).
- Fix for Exception thrown when using cascade delete in an EDM Model-First in Entity Framework (Oracle bug #14008752, MySql bug #64779).
- Fix for Session locking issue with MySqlSessionStateStore (MySql bug #63997, Oracble bug #13733054).
- Fixed deleting a user profile using Profile provider (MySQL bug #64409, Oracle bug #13790123).
- Fix for bug Cannot Create an Entity with a Key of Type String (MySQL bug #65289, Oracle bug #14540202). This fix checks if the type has a FixedLength facet set in order to create a char otherwise should create varchar, mediumtext or longtext types when using a String CLR type in Code First or Model First also tested in Database First. Unit tests added for Code First and ProviderManifest.
- Fix for bug "CacheServerProperties can cause 'Packet too large' error" (MySQL Bug #66578 Orabug #14593547).
- Fix for handling unnamed parameter in MySQLCommand. This fix allows the mysqlcommand to handle parameters without requiring naming (e.g. INSERT INTO Test (id,name) VALUES (?, ?) ) (MySQL Bug #66060, Oracle bug #14499549).
- Fixed inheritance on Entity Framework Code First scenarios. Discriminator column is created using its correct type as varchar(128) (MySql bug #63920 and Oracle bug #13582335).
- Fixed "Trying to customize column precision in Code First does not work" (MySql bug #65001, Oracle bug #14469048).
- Fixed bug ASP.NET Membership database fails on MySql database UTF32 (MySQL bug #65144, Oracle bug #14495292).
- Fix for MySqlCommand.LastInsertedId holding only 32 bit values (MySql bug #65452, Oracle bug #14171960) by changing
several internal declaration of lastinsertid from int to long.
- Fixed "Decimal type should have digits at right of decimal point", now default is 2, but user's changes in
EDM designer are recognized (MySql bug #65127, Oracle bug #14474342).
- Fix for NullReferenceException when saving an uninitialized row in Entity Framework (MySql bug #66066, Oracle bug #14479715).
- Fix for error when calling RoleProvider.RemoveUserFromRole(): causes an exception due to a wrong table being used (MySql bug #65805, Oracle bug #14405338).
- Fix for "Memory Leak on MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand", too many MemoryStream's instances created (MySql bug #65696, Oracle bug #14468204).
- Small improvement on MySqlPoolManager CleanIdleConnections for better mysqlpoolmanager idlecleanuptimer at startup (MySql bug #66472 and Oracle bug #14652624).
- Fix for bug TIMESTAMP values are mistakenly represented as DateTime with Kind = Local (Mysql bug #66964, Oracle bug #14740705).
- Fix for bug Keyword not supported. Parameter name: AttachDbFilename (Mysql bug #66880, Oracle bug #14733472).
- Added support to MySql script file to retrieve data when using "SHOW" statements.
- Fix for Package Load Failure in Visual Studio 2005 (MySql bug #63073, Oracle bug #13491674).
- Fix for bug "Unable to connect using IPv6 connections" (MySQL bug #67253, Oracle bug #14835718).
- Added auto-generated values for Guid identity columns (MySql bug #67450, Oracle bug #15834176).
- Fix for method FirstOrDefault not supported in some LINQ to Entities queries (MySql bug #67377, Oracle bug #15856964).
The release is available to download at http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/net/6.4.html
You can view current Connector/Net documentation
You can find our team blog at http://blogs.oracle.com/MySQLOnWindows.
You can also post questions on our forums at http://forums.mysql.com/.
Enjoy and thanks for the support!