By Javier Treviño on Oct 16, 2013
The MySQL Windows Experience Team is proud to announce the release of MySQL for Excel version 1.1.3, the latest addition to the MySQL Installer for Windows.
MySQL for Excel 1.1.3 is a maintenance release containing a handful of bug fixes and the following minor features:
- Upon saving a Workbook containing Worksheets in Edit Mode, the user is asked if he wants to exit the Edit Mode on all Worksheets before their parent Workbook is saved so the Worksheets are saved unprotected, otherwise the Worksheets will remain protected and the users will be able to unprotect them later retrieving the passkeys from the application log after closing MySQL for Excel.
- Added background coloring to the column names header row of an Import Data operation to have the same look as the one in an Edit Data operation (i.e. gray-ish background).
- Connection passwords can be stored securely just like MySQL Workbench does and these secured passwords are shared with Workbench in the same way connections are.
- Changed the way the MySQL for Excel ribbon toggle button works, instead of just showing or hiding the add-in it actually opens and closes it.
- Added a connection test before any operation against the database (schema creation, data import, append, export or edition) so the operation dialog is not shown and a friendlier error message is shown.
MySQL for Excel is installed using the MySQL Installer for Windows. You can download MySQL Installer from our official Downloads page at http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/installer/.[Read More]