By Reggie on Jul 31, 2013
This is done by providing a separate assembly that exposes some of the functionality of the standard Connector/Net provider. Some of the areas of functionality that is limited or missing as compared to stock Connector/Net are:
- SSL connections or Windows authentication is not supported
- MySQLDataAdapter objects are not supported. All access should be through MySQLCommand and MySQLDataReader.
- Only TCP connections are supported
- Tracing is not supported
- GetSchema methods return a different type of object instead of DataTable
- Some of the constructors have been removed or modified.
You can read more about this at http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/connector-net-rt.html.
We think that Windows Store apps are a key component of the Windows story going forward and we will continue to improve and support development of Windows Store application. To get started developing apps, please download Connector/Net 6.7 from here and be sure and catch a followup tutorial blog from one of our lead developers Roberto Garcia.