Thursday Jul 16, 2015
Thursday May 28, 2015
By Lenka Kasparova-Oracle on May 28, 2015
We are happy to announce another MySQL User Group meeting in Bangalore which is happening every quarter.
See event details below:
- Date: Jun 26th, 2015
- Time: 3-5:30 pm
- Place: OC001, Block1, B wing, Kalyani Magnum Infotech Park, J.P Nagar, 7th Phase Bangalore, India
- More information could be found at:
- Facebook Group: MySQL User Camp
- Google Group: bangalore-mysql-user-camp
- Linked-in Group: MySQL India
- Proposed Agenda:
- “MySQL Tools Usage in Rakuten and Overview of Replication GTIDs” by Mahesh Patil
- “MySQL Software Repositories” by Ahil Mohan
- "Ansible for large scale MySQL deployment" by P R Karthik
Tuesday May 12, 2015
By Lenka Kasparova-Oracle on May 12, 2015
We are pleased to invite everyone who is interested and around to the MySQL User Group Azerbaijan KickOff meeting. Please find more details below & at the link of MUG Facebook group:
- Date: May 14, 2015
- Place: Baku city, Murtuza Muxtarov str. 179/71
- Time: 7:00-9:30 pm
- Proposed Agenda:
- MySQL as open source project
- Helping community improving project by
- Sending Feature requests
- Finding bugs, reporting bugs
Thursday Apr 02, 2015
By Lenka Kasparova-Oracle on Apr 02, 2015
We would like to inform you about upcoming MySQL User Group Meetup, Hyderabad on April 10, 2015.
There will be two sessions around MySQL New Features and MySQL Replication, to be presented by MySQL Consultants at Oracle followed by open networking session and snacks!
- Day: April 10, 2015
- Time: 2:30 pm – 5:30 pm
- Place: Oracle India Pvt Ltd, Conf room: 3D007, Cyber Park, Salarpuria, Plot No : 67 Hitech city, Madhapur, Hyderabad – 500081
- Tel: 040- 67244474 (Oracle reception)
- Meetup Page
So explore this opportunity to get more knowledge about MySQL and increase your network with other MySQLers.
For registration please send an email to email@example.com (so we can arrange enough snacks :))
Monday Jan 26, 2015
By Lenka Kasparova-Oracle on Jan 26, 2015
On January 29, 2015 there will be another run of Madrid MySQL User Group meeting. Please find details below:
- Date: Thursday, Jan 29, 2015
- Time: 7:00 - 8:30 pm
- Place: Calle de Alburquerque, 14, Madrid 28010
- Proposed topics: MySQL MaxScale
- More information & registration could be found at MMUG meetup page
Wednesday Jan 14, 2015
By Lenka Kasparova-Oracle on Jan 14, 2015
On January 15, 2015 there will be a MySQL User Group Meeting in Amsterdam. Please find more information below and at the MUG NL meetup page.
Date: January 15, 2015
Place: Booking.com, Herengracht 597, Amsterdam
- 18:30-19:00 - Welcome
- 19:00-19:30 - Easy Replication Hierarchy Management with Pseudo-GTID (by Shlomi Noach)
- 19:30-20:00 - Food & Discussion
- 20:00-20:30 - Entry level Sphinx Search (by Art Van Scheppingen)
- 20:30-22:00 - Discussion & Drinks
Tuesday Oct 07, 2014
By Lenka Kasparova-Oracle on Oct 07, 2014
We are pleased to announce the next MySQL User Camp Bangalore scheduled for October 17th (3:00PM to 5:00 pm), at OC001 Oracle's Kalyani Magnum Office, Bangalore. As part of creating a strong MySQL community in India, the local MySQL Engineering team organizes quarterly Camps to share knowledge and also to get feedback from the MySQL users, DBA's, and community developers. In this MySQL User Camp, we invite your representation as speakers -> we will share the final agenda once ready. Register yourself for the event by mailing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thursday Aug 28, 2014
By Lenka Kasparova-Oracle on Aug 28, 2014
We are pleased to announce the second MySQL User Group meeting in Seoul, South Korea.
This time Daesang Information & Technology sponsors venue and snack. Please find more information below.
Date & Time: 29th Aug, 2014, 7pm to 9 pm
Venue: TOZ Kangnam tower, 2nd floor
Tuesday Jun 10, 2014
By Lenka Kasparova-Oracle on Jun 10, 2014
Another MySQL User Group meeting called "MySQL User Camp-Bangalore" is announced for Jun 20 in Bangalore, India!! Please find more details below:
- Date and time: June 20, 2014 at 3PM IST
- Place: Bangalore, Kalyani Magnum campus
- Registration: Registration is needed, please contact email@example.com
- MySQL 5.7 New Features and NoSQL support in MySQL
- Sharding as implemented in MySQL Fabric
- Open discussion with MySQL developers
Wednesday Jun 04, 2014
By Lenka Kasparova-Oracle on Jun 04, 2014
There will be 2 community meetups in Tokyo in Japan scheduled for June 2014. Please check and join following:
- MySQL Casual Talks vol.6
- Date: June 11th, 2014
- Time: 19:00
- Place: Oracle office, Oracle Aoyama Center, 2-5-8 Kita-Aoyama, Minato-ku, Tokyo, Japan
- More info & Registration
- MySQL Cluster Casual Talk #2
Wednesday May 28, 2014
By Lenka Kasparova-Oracle on May 28, 2014
We are pleased to announce another MySQL User Group meeting scheduled for June 5 in Madrid, Spain. Keith Hollman, the MySQL Principal Sales Consultant will be talking about MySQL & Oracle strategy and MySQL Cluster. A small demo of MySQL Cluster will be part of the presentation.
Monday May 05, 2014
By Lenka Kasparova-Oracle on May 05, 2014
This month another MySQL User Group meeting is scheduled, this time in Seoul, Korea on May 20, 2014 @ 6:30pm. Please mark your calendar for this day if you are local... It's a great opportunity to hear news about delivering MySQL 5.7.4 as well as we saved some time for a MySQL User Group discussion. Please see details below:
Name: MySQL User Group Meeting
Date: May 20th, 2014
Place: 15fl. ASEM Tower, (Oracle Korea office), Samsung-dong, Seoul, Korea
For more details see the MySQL Korea User Group Facebook page
Thursday Apr 03, 2014
By Lenka Kasparova-Oracle on Apr 03, 2014
Are you already a MySQL User Group Leader?
Are you thinking about taking this role in the near future?
If yes, please let me invite you to the Annual User Group Leaders' Summit organized by Oracle User Group team. The purpose of this 2 days meeting is sharing the expertise, knowledge and share experience with leading the UG as well as learning of the new ways how to handle groups by using new technologies & tools (i.e. Cloud..).
It is great opportunity to talk to other User Group leaders and share the experience and knowledge with them. There will be Java User Group, Oracle User Group and of course MySQL User Group Leaders!
Find details about this event below and if you are interested and/or want to know more, please do not hesitate to contact myself or make a registration at the link below. You will be contacted by us with a confirmation of your registration and with a logistic details.
Event name: Annual EMEA User Group Leaders' Summit
Date: May 21-22, 2014
Place: Sofia, Bulgaria
During the event we (MySQL) will have dedicated 3 sessions for our own topics. First two sessions will be dedicated to the technical side of MySQL and its future. Our MySQL Senior Engineer Georgi Kodinov will be talking about what is new in the upcoming release as well as about MySQL from the strategic point of view. Also we might get an InnoDB expert to the venue, if attendees are interested. We might work on the content of those 2 sessions, just need to hear from you what would be the most interesting topic! Do not hesitate to let me know!
The last session on the day two, will be dedicated to myself as a MySQL User Group Manager responsible for EMEA and APAC. I will be talking about User Group creation, administration and the support we might provide you with if you want to run or currently run a MySQL UG in your region. This session will be mostly about networking, questions/answers and discussion. I really want to hear what you see as the most problematic area when leading the MySQL User Group as well as what is the greatest about that! :)
Regarding logistic & cost funding: do not hesitate to ask me if you have any question on logistic or if you want to know more about funding accommodation costs!!
We are looking forward to meeting you in lovely Sofia!
Thursday Mar 14, 2013
By Lenka Kasparova-Oracle on Mar 14, 2013
MySQL User Group meeting, Stockholm, Sweden - April 10, 2013
After some time the Swedish MySQL User Group is organizing and announcing the upcoming MySQL User Group meeting in Stockholm!!! Everyone who are around that area on April 10, 2013, please make sure that you do not miss this great opportunity to listen and ask questions the main guest Mats Kindahl, (the Senior Principal Software Developer MySQL) who will be talking on Replication news on MySQL 5.6.!!!
Above this main topic and Q&A on MySQL Replication, you will also have an opportunity to suggest topics for the upcoming SMUG meetings as well as enjoy the food & mingle.
- Replication news in MySQL 5.6 by Mats Kindahl, Senior Principal Software Developer MySQL
- Q&A MySQL Replication
- Topics for upcoming SMUG meetings
- Food & mingle
Come to join us!!!
Tuesday May 12, 2009
By Lenz Grimmer on May 12, 2009
Several people commented on our last blog post or contacted us via our Twitter account, asking questions and raising concerns about migrating the MySQL user group organization to FaceBook. It seems like there is some confusion that we would like to address: you are not required to move to FaceBook. This was just a recommendation, you are of course free to choose whatever service you prefer to manage your MySQL user group. In fact, you are of course welcome to continue using Meetup.com for this! However, be advised that you will have to take care of any occurring fees by yourself from now on, as the sponsorship agreement between MySQL and Meetup.com was not renewed.
And if Facebook is not your cup of tea, there are other services that provide similar functionality. We've tried to document these on the MySQL Forge Wiki - please feel free to add your own suggestions and provide hints based on your experiences! Some of the other services that we know about include:
Get the latest updates on products, technology, news, events, webcasts, customers and more.
- MySQL 5.7 Community Contributor Award Program 2015!
- August - December 2015 -> Events where you can find MySQL
- Learn About Queries, Stored Routines, and More MySQL Developer Skills
- MyNA (MySQL User Group) meeting
- MySQL Enterprise Monitor Query Analyzer Identifies Problem Queries
- The MySQL Central @ OpenWorld Content Catalog is Live
- Gain MySQL DBA Expertise Where You Are
- Getting Started on MySQL Cluster
- Modirum Authenticates Transactions with MySQL
- Beginners on MySQL Should Start Here