By Bertrand Mattheli�-Oracle on Jan 31, 2013
Tecnotree is a global provider of telecom IT solutions for the management of products, customers and revenue. Tecnotree helps communications service providers to transform their business towards a marketplace of digital services. Tecnotree empowers service providers to monetise on service bundles, provide personalized user experiences and augment value throughout the customer lifecycle. With over 1100 telecom experts, Tecnotree serves more than 100 service providers in over 70 countries. Tecnotree is listed on the main list of NASDAQ OMX Helsinki.
- Integrate a database well suited to power the mission critical Tecnotree solutions deployed by telecom operators in networks counting over 50 million subscribers.
- Standardize on one database for the core Tecnotree products, while meeting the company’s technical and economic requirements.
- Select a database delivering the configuration flexibility needed to provide the best performance and reliability in different settings.
- Evaluation and selection of MySQL as embedded database based on its high performance, reliability, flexibility of deployment and cost-effectiveness.
- Tecnotree leverages the built-in MySQL replication to confer up to 5 nines (99.999%) availability to its solutions; ensuring subscribers will continuously be able to access the operators’ network and billing infrastructure.
- Implemented at the heart of front-end signaling systems transmitting information to other applications, MySQL commonly handles 20,000 queries and 2,000 transactions per second, for example allowing the real-time billing of subscribers.
- MySQL databases powering the voice-mail and conferencing applications deployed by operators store up to a terabyte of data.
- Tecnotree has been relying on MySQL for several years, and plans to embed it in additional products in the future, highly valuing the “hassle free” nature of the database.
- The company also uses the Oracle database within its customer care and billing solutions.
“With MySQL we get a high performance solution that simultaneously delivers the flexibility to serve our different database needs.” Timo Ahomäki, CTO, Tecnotree