By Wei-Chen Chiu-Oracle on Apr 12, 2016
[This blog was written by Mike Frank, MySQL Product Management Director at Oracle]
We're very happy to announce release of MySQL Enterprise Transparent Data Encryption (TDE), included with MySQL Enterprise Edition.
MySQL Enterprise Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) protects your critical data by enabling data-at-rest encryption in the database. It protects the privacy of your information, prevents data breaches and helps meet regulatory requirements including the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS), Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and numerous others.
MySQL Enterprise TDE highlights:
- Data at Rest Encryption
- Strong AES 256 encryption for your MySQL InnoDB Tables
- Transparent to applications and users
- No application code, schema or data type changes
- Transparent to DBAs
- Keys are hidden from DBAs, no configuration changes
- Key Management
- Keys are securely stored away from the data
- Key rotation is simple and secure
- Key Vault Support
- KMIP v1.2
- Oracle Key Vault
Use MySQL Enterprise TDE to meet regulatory requirements to protect data:
- PCI – DSS: Payment Card Data (esp. 3.5 and 3.6)
- HIPAA: Privacy of Health Data
- Sarbanes Oxley
- EU Data Protection Directive: Protection of Personal Data
- Data Protection Act (UK): Protection of Personal Data
For additional details, please join us for the upcoming webinar: MySQL Security – Discover the New Transparent Data Encryption.
MySQL Enterprise TDE is included in MySQL 5.7.12. You can download MySQL Enterprise TDE from My Oracle Support or Oracle Software Delivery Cloud. You can find the complete documentation here. If you have any questions or encounter any problems, please let us know by opening a support ticket or filing a bug report. If you're not already a MySQL Enterprise Edition customer, start your free 30-day trial today!
Thank you for using MySQL!