Unlocking New Value from Web Session Management
By Mat Keep on May 18, 2011
Join us for a live webinar and download a new whitepaper where we discuss how to realize new value from data collected during web session management.
Session management has long been a key component of any web infrastructure – enhancing the user browsing experience through improved reliability, reduced latency and tighter security.
Increasingly organizations are looking to unlock more value from session management to further improve user loyalty (i.e. making the web service more “sticky”) and improve monetization of web services. There are two distinct developments that offer the promise of unlocking more value from session data:
1. Provide highly personalized browsing experiences by recognizing repeat visitors and making real-time recommendations based on previous browsing behavior
2. Enhance insight into user behavior through analysis of how they interact with the web service, enabling organizations to optimize web experiences
There are many approaches to session management, and technology selection has become critical in ensuring the full value of data collected from user sessions can be realized.
For rapidly growing web properties, higher volumes of session data need to be managed and persisted in real-time while also demanding very high levels of availability, coupled with the flexibility of relational data management.
In such cases, it makes sense to evaluate the MySQL Cluster database.
To further discuss the challenges and solutions to session management, we are hosting a live webinar on Tuesday May 31st at 0900 Pacific Time / 1700 UK. In this webinar, we discuss the challenges and solutions to session management, covering:
* The demands of session management
* How MySQL Cluster is well placed to meet the demands from session management
* Configuring session management with PHP and MySQL Cluster
* Configuring session management with with memcached and MySQL Cluster
* Real Time analysis of session data with MySQL Cluster
* Case studies
You can register for the webinar here
You can download the associated whitepaper here
Let us know your recommendations for unlocking more value from web session data in the comments below