Top 10 Reasons to Attend MySQL Connect
By Bertrand Matthelié on Aug 07, 2013
MySQL Connect is taking place in San Francisco September 21-23; Counting over 85 sessions and tutorials, the event represents a unique opportunity to boost your MySQL skills and hear from Oracle's MySQL engineers along with customers, partners and MySQL community members.
Have you signed up yet? If not, you can still save US$300 over the onsite price if you register now!
Here are the top 10 reasons why you should do so:
- Better understand Oracle's MySQL strategy. Hear straight from the source how Oracle is driving MySQL innovation, and what are the latest developments and roadmaps.
- Learn about real-world experiences from other organizations. Find out about the mistakes you should avoid and the best practices they've developed. You’ll get the chance to hear from MySQL experts at Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, PayPal, Verizon Wireless, Booking.com, Ticketmaster, Mozilla, Big Fish Games, Tumblr, MercadoLibre, NetMotion Wireless and others.
- Meet the engineers developing and supporting the MySQL products. You’ll have the opportunity to ask them all your questions, which can save you significant time and money.
- Acquire in-depth knowledge about InnoDB, best of both worlds "SQL & NoSQL" strategies, the MySQL optimizer, performance and scalability tuning, security and numerous other topics.
- Understand how you can leverage the new MySQL Database and MySQL Cluster features to develop your next generation Web, cloud, mobile and embedded applications.
- Get hands-on experience about improving performance with the MySQL Performance Schema, using MySQL replication, monitoring MySQL Cluster and more with eight different Hands-On Labs.
- Express your ideas, engage into discussions and help influence the MySQL roadmap during six Birds-of-a-Feather sessions about InnoDB, sharding & replication, backup and other topics.
- Meet partners and learn about third party tools that could be useful in your architecture.
- Immerse yourself in the MySQL universe and network with MySQL experts for several days. The discussions as well as the relationships you will create can be priceless and help you execute on your next projects better and faster.
- Add a third day of tutorials to your MySQL Connect registration to go even deeper into key MySQL topics and make the most of the event.
- As a bonus to the top 10, an 11th reason to attend MySQL Connect is that you’ll have a lot of fun! The passion and the energy are contagious...and you’ll likely get plenty of new ideas!
Don't miss out on this great opportunity, Register Now to save US$300 over the onsite price! Are you attending or planning to attend Oracle OpenWorld or JavaOne? You can add MySQL Connect to your registration for only US$100!
We'll have parallel tracks so you might consider sending a few team members to make the most of the conference.
We look forward to seeing you at MySQL Connect!