MySQL Policy-Based Auditing Webinar Recording Now Availabile
By Rob Young on Nov 05, 2012
For those who missed the live event, the recording of the "How to Add Policy-Based Auditing to your MySQL Applications" webinar is now available. You can view it here.
This presentation builds on my earlier blog post on MySQL Enterprise Audit that was announced at MySQL Connect in late September. The web presentation expands on the introductory blog and covers:
- The regulatory problem to be solved (internal audit, PCI, Sarbanes-Oxley, HIPAA, others)
- MySQL Audit solutions for both Community and Enterprise users:
- General Log - use the basic features of the MySQL server
- MySQL 5.5 open audit API - or use your time and talent to build your own solution
- MySQL Enterprise Audit - or use the out of the box, ready for production solution from MySQL
- Simple, step-by-step process for installing, enabling and configuring the MySQL Enterprise Audit plugin for use with existing apps
- New variables and options for tuning the MySQL Enterprise Audit plugin for your specific use case
- Best practices for securing and managing audit log files and archived images
- Roadmap for adding an integrated solution around MySQL Enterprise Audit for MySQL only and Oracle/MySQL shops
As always, thanks for your support of MySQL!