By Hema Sridharan on Aug 02, 2013
MySQL Connector/J 5.1.26, a maintenance release of the production
5.1 branch has been released. Connector/J is the Type-IV pure-Java
JDBC driver for MySQL.
Version 5.1.26 is suitable for use with many MySQL server versions,
including 4.1, 5.0, 5.1, 5.4, 5.5 and 5.6.
It is already available for download on the My Oracle Support (MOS) website. The eDelivery download will be available on it's own
As always, we recommend that you check the "CHANGES" file in the
download archive to be aware of changes in behavior that might affect
MySQL Connector/J 5.1.26 includes the following general bug fixes and improvements, also available in more detail here
Functionality Added or Changed:
- Added a toString() method to the PreparedStatementWrapper class to help debug prepared statements. (Bug #42267, Bug #11751418)
- Connector/J silently ignored calls to ResultSet.updateRow when the cursor was on the insert row. This fix ensures that an SQLException is thrown with those calls, as described in the JDBC specification. (Bug #45757, Bug #11754192)
- The results returned by the method DatabaseMetaData.getIndexInfo() were not sorted in the order described in the JDBC specification (NON_UNIQUE, TYPE, INDEX_NAME, and ORDINAL_POSITION). (Bug #68098, Bug #16224299)
- DatabaseMetaData.getColumns() threw an MySQLSyntaxErrorException if the schema contains tables with ANSI quoted names with leading and trailing back quotes (`). When those names were passed as parameters in unquoted form, Connector/J treated them as quoted because of the back quotes, and thus the error. This fix adds the behavior that when the connection property pedantic was set to true, methods like DatabaseMetaData.getColumns() treat all parameters as unquoted. (Bug #65871, Bug #14598704).
- An out of memory error occured when the compression protocol was enabled with the connection option useCompression=true. This fix stops the memory leak that caused the error by making sure that CompressedInputStream releases its reference to the connection object when the input stream closes. (Bug #68400, Bug #16478043)