By Ludo on Jun 24, 2009
The OpenDS development team is very pleased to announce the immediate availability of OpenDS 2.0.0-RC3, the third and probably last release candidate for OpenDS 2.0.
OpenDS 2.0 has a number of new features over OpenDS 1.2.0 that was released in February 2009 :
- A new mode for Multi-Master Replication providing greater consistency and availability of data: Assured Replication
- Recurring tasks allow an administrator to schedule repeated tasks such as backups
- New extensible matching rules and indexing allowing comparing, ordering of data according to specific locales and languages
- Better monitoring information for the server and for Replication
- Full compliance with RFC 4518 and matching of UTF-8 in attributes with a DirectoryString syntax
- VLV indexes are now built during the Import
- Several improvements in the Control Panel
- Works with IBM JVM (Java 6 SR4 required)
- Works by default with JConsole and VisualVM when JMX Connection Handler is enabled
- Default settings and ergonomics have been improved reducing the need for tuning parts of the server
- Greatly improved performances and stability over time of those performances
- Resolved a possible security issue when Pre-ReadEntry, Post-ReadEntry and Assertion Controls were enabled
Overall, over 170 issues have been fixed.
The purpose of the Release Candidate is to solicit one last round of testing before the final release.
So please test the OpenDS release with your client applications, in your environment or on your favorite platform.
Our quality team will be doing the same during the next 2 to 3 weeks.
If you do find a bug, please report it with Issue Tracker.
OpenDS 2.0.0-RC3 is built from revision 5460 of the b2.0 branch of our source tree.
The direct link to download the core server is: http://www.opends.org/promoted-builds/2.0.0-RC3/OpenDS-2.0.0-RC3.zip
The direct link to download the DSML gateway is: http://www.opends.org/promoted-builds/2.0.0-RC3/OpenDS-2.0.0-RC3-DSML.war
We have also updated the archive that may be used to install OpenDS via Java Web Start. You may launch that using the URL http://www.opends.org/promoted-builds/2.0.0-RC3/install/QuickSetup.jnlp, or visit https://www.opends.org/wiki/page/OverviewOfTheQuickSetupTool for more information.
Detailed information about this build is available at http://www.opends.org/promoted-builds/2.0.0-RC3.
Major changes incorporated since OpenDS 2.0.0 RC2 include:
- Revision 5436. Delivers updated localization bundles
- Revision 5439 (issue #4047) - Resolves an issue with uninstalling OpenDS.
- Revision 5440 (Issue #4049) - Fixes an issue in the Control Panel where monitoring information was not available for all Connection Handlers.
- Revision 5441 (Issue #4045) - Fixes an issue with start-ds -F so it reports snmp build information.
- Revision 5452 (Issue #3713) - Resolves an issue where sockets could be leaked when replication connection fails due to SSL handshake.
- Revision 5459 (Issue #4057) - Fixes an issue where restoring the schema from a backup would silently fail and prevent the server from working.